Lieutenant Dan

Sunday, November 20, 2011

We were at the game yesterday when some handlers paraded a dude in a nice suit past the end zone. Tons of people along the sidelines asked to have their photo taken with him. Everyone in our section started asking each other who he was. Some of our section got up and were using their cameras to zoom in and get a closer look. That's when I said, rather loudly, "It looks like Gary Sinise." And then the lady behind us excitedly told the people behind her, "Oh! It's Gary Sinise!"

And that's when the thing spread through the crowd like PRAIRIE WILDFIRE. People were immediately atwitter, discussing his film credits and how great he is on CSI.

There were a lot of really bad Forest Gump impressions.

We're in the 17th row. You should have seen me squinting as hard as I could to really see this guy, while hoping that it was Gary Sinise, but thinking, What the heck would Gary Sinise be doing at an A&M football game?! I was just waiting for someone to actually identify him as Tom Cruise... or the Brazos County Sheriff.

So I got on the web on my phone and Googled "Gary Sinise A&M football," and sure enough--- it was Gary Sinise! President Bush (Sr.) was at the game yesterday, being inducted into the Corps of Cadets Hall of Honor. He brought Gary Sinise as a guest.

From The Bryan College Station Eagle:

President George H.W. Bush also will be present, with special guest Gary Sinise, known to many as "Lt. Dan" from the film Forest Gump.

Sinise was a guest at a forum hosted by the former president in April 2010, where discussion centered around support for the USO.

"They had great interaction there and later that year he invited him to attend a football game," explained Kevin Wensing, spokesman for the president. "This was the first opportunity where his schedule allowed him to come, and it just also happens to be Military Appreciation Day.

Sinise is very active in supporting veterans and their families and also goes on USO tours with his band, The Lt. Dan Band.

They did eventually introduce him and show him on the sidelines on the jumbotron, waving an Aggie towel. Pretty cool.


Sunday Stealing: The Woman's Work 45 Meme

1. Do you like blue cheese salad dressing?
Quite a lot.

2. Favorite late night snack?
cereal

3. Do you own a gun?
No

4. What’s your favorite drink at Starbucks or other specialty coffee shop?
Lite Mocha Frappuccino

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?
rarely

6. What do you think of hot dogs?
I like them, but I know how awful they are nutritionally, with respect to processing and dubious ingredients, so I don't eat them very often.

7. Favorite Christmas song?
"Oh Holy Night"

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
I don't usually start drinking until noon. Heh.

If I am eating a regular breakfast, and not my everyday, highly processed Slim Fast with dubious ingredients, I usually drink skim milk.

9. Can you do push-ups?
A few, but I don't like to. Excessive push-ups and other pectoral exercises can flatten breast implants.


10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry?
my wedding ring, followed very closely by my Aggie ring

11. Favorite hobby?
I don't really have a "hobby" at the moment. I particularly enjoy going to movies with friends and family, especially at fun theaters like the Alamo.

12. Do you have A.D.D.?
Nope

13. What’s one trait that you hate about yourself?
I don't really hate anything, but it would be nice not to be so easily moved to tears. Sad things, happy things, poignant moments... I'm not the annoying sobber or anything; it's that silent tear-streaming, where your "friends" will sometimes notice and not-so-sweetly say, "OMG. Are you crying?!" I've occasionally cried over football games- won and lost. Shed a few tears watching, or even just listening to, a really fantastic vocal performance. I've teared up a couple of times during the national anthem.

Um... Can someone pass me a tissue?...

14. The last disease you contracted?
I had a bladder infection last summer.

15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment.
I need to check times for The Descendants at the Drafthouse today.
Gotta add celery to my Thanksgiving grocery list. (I already have everything except fresh produce, which I always get last minute.)
No wonder my speakers aren't working... my headphones are still plugged in.

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink.
water with a splash of decaf tea, lemonade, diet Dr. Pepper

17. Current worry right now?
getting my Christmas shopping going before it gets really crowded at the mall

18. Current hate right now?
I hate people who steal credit card numbers. We've had it happen 5 times now and even though you aren't responsible for any of the charges, you have to get a new account. The whole thing is a pain in the rear. Yesterday we found out someone stole another one of ours and charged $1000 online to various women's clothing stores. I wish they would find the person and send you their address, so you could go there and pelt them with rotting garbage. Dirtbags.

19. Favorite place to be?
during football season? Kyle Field

20. How did you ring in the New Year?
with the Jeffs at McCormick and Schmick's

21. Like to travel?
Love to travel.

22. Name three people who will complete Sunday Stealing this week:
Laura, Doug and Gary Sinise

23. Do you own slippers?
yes, but I so very rarely wear them

24. What color shirt are you wearing?
blue

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
I like laying on satin sheets, but they aren't good for sleeping. The top sheet slides against the fitted sheet, usually all the way onto the floor during the night. Heck, I've had my comforter and top sheet slide off the bed when its made up. You sit on the bed to tie your shoe and... wheee! I like to sleep on cotton sheets.

26. Can you whistle?
I whistle, but I can only do it well while I am inhaling, not exhaling. Much like my daughter who can only jump rope backwards.

Perhaps I've said too much here. Moving on...

27. Favorite singer/band?
I'm not super into any one particular artist lately. I do have big love for Daughtry.

28. Could you ever make it 39 days on the show Survivor?
No, I'm more a hotel girl than the roughing-it sort. You don't want to be lost with me in the woods.

29. What songs do you sing in the shower?
Jazz standards

30. Favorite girl’s names?
Lauren, Ashley

31. Favorite boy’s names?
Ethan, Ian

32. What’s in your pocket right now?
a wocket

33. Last thing that made you laugh?
the three of us were having a little fun with an OU player's last name while we watched the end of the OU/Baylor game

34. Like your job?
Not working

36. Do you love where you live?
Very much

37. How many TVs do you have in your house?
4

38. Who is your loudest friend?
Laura

39. Do you drive the speed limit or speed?
I either drive right at the speed limit or just slightly over.

40. Does someone have a crush on you?
Nope

41. What is your favorite book?
The Notebook

42. What is your favorite candy?
Reeses peanut butter cups

43. Favorite Sports Team?
Texas A&M Aggies

44. What were you doing 12 AM last night?
chatting with Jeff

45. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up today?
checking to see if my photos from yesterday's football game are good

1 comments:

Kathy November 23, 2011 at 7:36 PM  

LOL. Are you buttering me up for something?

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP