Word Play

Saturday, January 28, 2012

So, there's a new Macaroni Grill ad, where a guy talks about a pan-roasted pork chop, nestled in warm pea and mushroom risotto. Only he pauses in an unfortunate spot and says, "...pan-roasted pork chop, nestled in warm pea... and mushroom risotto..."

Eww. Well, at least it's warm.

We passed the new Alamo Drafthouse yesterday. Their iconic neon sign is finally up!! So exciting. Though due to lights that are out, instead of Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, it says, "...Drafthouse inema."

Lauren and I giggled about the drafthouse enema for an hour.

Because we're 12.

Also funny about that theater--- It's on Slaughter Lane. The Alamo Drafthouse identifies most of their locations by street name, so they refer to this one as... Alamo Slaughter. Yikes. ;)

Mumford and Sons' "Little Lion Man" came on the radio. The part that says, "It was not your fault but mine, and it was your heart on the line..." I jumped in late on the second line but thought it was going to say "it was your fault," so I sang "it was your f-art on the line."

(When we told Jeff the story, I mistakenly said I had sung, "It was not your fart but mine..." which was even funnier.)

Very similar to the error I still make to this day with "I'm Like a Bird" by Nelly Furtado. The lyrics are "I don't know where my soul is. I don't know where my home is." Only, I always try to sing "home" first, so it comes out, "I don't know where my h-ole is."

Yep. The official lyrics to that song in our household since 2001 are:

...I'm like a bird
I'll only fly away
I don't know where my hole is
Ahahahahaaaaaa...

Which, on a more serious and sentimental note, brings us to the Lyrics of the Day. A single brief, but ohhhh-so-cool line:

Don't look down
It's only love we're falling in...

"Falling In" Lifehouse

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP