Pinterest- Part II

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My DD sent me an invite to Pinterest, so I'm on there now. I've even pinned my first pin. Whee!

One thing I didn't like about the signup process- it makes you join via either Twitter or Facebook, and then automatically subscribes you to all the people you know from that site who are already on Pinterest. It also requires you to enter some interests and subscribes you to several people you don't know at all. So I was automatically following a ton of people when I first logged in.

Instead, they should just suggest people you know. I enjoy browsing the "popular" pins or searching for whatever I'm thinking about today, rather than commenting on the things my friends have pinned. I guess I think of Pinterest as more of a personal, but shared, bulletin board of ideas than a social outlet. Although... it wouldn't be the first time I've totally missed the point of something. :)

Off to pin on the four boards I've set up! I wonder if I can find the neat things I've seen already again...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP