Just Another Gorgeous Day in the ATX

Saturday, January 21, 2012

RE: the train from Boston to Binghamton
There isn't one. Sad day!!

~

From now on I am going to just refer to KathyL as Kathy, and one can assume that if I say Kathy, I'm not speaking of myself in Bob Dole-esque third person.

For a few months, Kathy (senior level marketing genius, not sure if that is her official title) has been angling for this job as integration lead at work. Her company purchased a company in England and they need a person to be in charge of all the monumental tasks that come with that. It's a 12-18 month gig, with a probable promotion to head of the new branch at the end, should she be successful. Well, she got it! Woohoo! So thrilled for her.

She won't be moving to England, but she will be traveling there for five days every other week. Along with her regular trips to company headquarters in Cali, that girl is never going to be in town during the week.
~

Kim's "#1 Song on Your Bday" that's been going around Facebook is "Ode to Billie Joe" by Bobbie Gentry. Great song! Haunting. I still remember singing it with my girlfriends.



"...He said he saw a girl that looked a lot like you up on Choctaw Ridge
And she and Billie Joe was throwin' somethin' off the Tallahatchie Bridge..."

Creepy! 

Saturday 9: Home

1. Do you live close to where you grew up? Why?
Three and a half hours away. Why? I think we mostly live in Austin because Jeff got a job here, and then we loved it so much we stayed. It also happened to be equidistant from each of our parents' houses- his in DFW and mine in Houston.

2. Have you ever been so angry that you almost lost control?
The only time I've felt like I was actually "almost losing control" was the Cheer Mom Incident. You laugh! Cheer moms can be dangerous. I confronted a mom who was letting her daughter's entire squad cut in front of us at the short-staffed concession stand at a cheer competition. No one in the endless line in which we'd waited almost an hour was saying anything. So I did. Keep in mind, I am never the person who says something in those sorts of situations. That's how irritated I was. After we started arguing, the rest of the crowd joined me against her, and I won. Ha!

3. Are you a fan of a musical act that slightly embarrasses you?
Several. The worst is probably Katy Perry. Her music is aimed very much at the teen crowd, but she's very talented. I don't think she has great taste in men, but she's adorable and I like the music a lot.

4. Is there a movie that always makes you cry?
Too many to list. Love, Actually is one of the hardest hitters... The Notebook...

5. Who is the most famous person that you've met?
Jon Bon Jovi. Long story, and although we weren't formally introduced, I'd still count him as the most famous person I've "met" in my lifetime. (I've somehow managed to make it sound salacious, when it's so not. Ahaha.)

6. Before you leave your home, what must you have?
iPhone

7. What do you miss the most about being a kid?
my mom's awesome cooking

8. Tell us about a passion of yours that your readers would not expect.
I have a love of captivating photography, particularly in print advertising. Back in the day, I used to collect Oneida flatware ads (so visually stunning) and others from magazines and kept them in a special folder. Now I have Pinterest to tack them up in my little space on the web.

9. At what age do you think you'd be to think, “I've had a great run”?
Having had a life-threatening illness, I feel like I've been living on very precious bonus time since I was 21, and even back then, I thought I'd had a great run! One can have had a great life at most any age. It's about appreciating and reveling in "moments" day-to-day and also looking back on them in the light of possibly never having had them. That being said, I think I'd be around 75-80 to really feel like I'd lived a "long life."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP