College Days

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lauren and I spent the afternoon in College Station yesterday. She signed her lease and we toured her apartment complex. It is so nice!! Its only drawback is that it is on the far end of town, but we're talking Bryan-College Station here, not Dallas- Ft. Worth. So exciting!

Lauren took me to Gumby's, which she said has "better pepperoni rolls than Double Daves." WHAT? Well, here's why Gumby's are better: Their rolls are crispier on the outside, and coated in garlic butter. Yes. Garlic. Butter. Wow. Heart attack city, but you'll die happy. And there is one in San Marcos!

Then last night, we went to the A&M women's basketball game where sadly, Baylor won. We were in a mostly Baylor section and there were two completely irate and obnoxious older ladies directly behind us using the F word every two seconds, and making nasty remarks about Aggie team members, students and the crowd in general. You'd think their team was losing (which wouldn't even be an excuse for their behavior), but the Bears were actually ahead by ten points most of the night. Take a pill, ladies. Glad you won't be in our arena next year.

That's the second sporting event I've been to this week where my team lost. Bummer! Jeff and I went to the Texas Stars game on Saturday night, where we lost to the Houston Aeros.

I've been thinking a lot about my freshman year of college lately. Of the new friends I made at school, there were three significant ones who completely disappeared from my life after freshman year, and I cannot remember where any of them went. I don't even remember two of their names! If only I had my journals. :(

Eddie. One of my closest friends that year. He's the only "cowboy" I've ever hung around with for any amount of time. We always teased each other about our very different tastes in music. I'm pretty sure he was from Houston, too. We took a day trip there once, to shop goof off at the Galleria. Fun trip!

Dinner guy. Sweetest person ever. He was on the A&M Gymnastics team. We met riding our bikes to and from school. He lived near me and had a room in a home owned by an elderly woman. Instead of paying rent, he cooked and helped out around the house. Since he was making full-out home cooked meals every night, he invited me over a lot for dinner.

Dave Letterman guy. This dude was in my calculus classes both semesters. We got together all the time to watch David Letterman and work on our math homework. He was from Dallas and had a girlfriend back home. I even talked to her on the phone a few times. I still associate Letterman with calculus homework.

Wonder what these guys ended up doing the rest of college!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP