Sunday Stealing

Sunday, February 12, 2012

I sprained my knee doing God-knows-what a little over a year ago. (Nothing as interesting as Laura's shower story.) After completing several weeks of physical therapy, it still hurt and was cracking a lot, especially during workouts. Yesterday I randomly realized during hi-low that my knee felt okay, so I very cautiously tried the forward lunges. No pain! Wow! I had stopped doing lunges so long ago that I've just been in the habit of skipping them. It's probably been fine for six months. Too funny!

Sunday Stealing: The 99'er Meme: Part 3

51) Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
Um... yes. I'm not proud of that. On the other hand, I'm also very easily moved to forgive someone who gives me a sincere apology for just about anything short of murder.

52) What is your astrological sign?
Aries

53) Do you save money for anything? What?
We specifically save monthly for property taxes due in December. We also save a general amount for unexpected expenses, vacations, retirement, college, etc.

54) What's the last thing you purchased?
Windshield wipers for my car. Mine are incredibly noisy. The guy at the auto parts store said if these new ones are too noisy, I can bring them back. Nice!

55) Have you ever had a relationship that you realized was lust not love? 
No

56) In a relationship?
Married 22 years

57) How many relationships have you had?
three

58) What do you want to tell us about your day?
Today is going to be busy. I'm going to make all the covers for our family reunion cookbooks for this summer, so I can send them to Jeff's aunt. I haven't done paper crafting in years, so we'll see how it goes. I'm excited to do it.

59) Where were you yesterday?
Running various shopping errands with Jeff. Last night we stayed in and watched Breaking Dawn: Part 1 on pay-per-view.

60) Is there anything interesting within 10 feet of you?
My photo with Joey Fatone when he was in RENT on Broadway. Such a fun night!

61) Are you wearing socks right now?
nope

62) What's your favorite animal?
monkeys

63) What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you?
I offer to help with something. Then even if the person doesn't like me, at least they think I'm nice. :)

64) Where is your best friend?
They are spread out all over the world at the moment.

65) How did your last relationship end?
I moved away to go to college and Evans was a senior in high school, and neither of us wanted to do the long distance thing. We did continue dating (while seeing other people) well into my sophomore year, when he was a freshman at UT. I stopped seeing him and anyone else when I fell head over heels in love with Jeff spring semester!

66) What is your heritage?
German and Irish

67) What were you doing last night at 12 AM?
Something very unusual, especially for midnight on a Saturday-- Lauren, Jeff and I were all under a warm blanket in our bedroom, watching Parking Wars.

68) What's new?
I'm going to Mardi Gras in Galveston next weekend with Cathy and a friend of hers! I've actually never been.

69) What is the key to seduction?
confidence

70) What was the weirdest thing that happened to you this week??
discovering I could have been doing lunges for the past several months

71) You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do?
Of course I help the dog. I don't think anyone could walk away.

72) You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?
a) I tell certain people.
b) I spend it with my family and friends around me every possible minute.
c) I would be very afraid. I've been in a similar situation myself, after a mistaken diagnosis with about a 6-12 month prognosis. I also watched my mother go through it, knowing she had about 2-3 weeks. After a time the fear takes a back seat and other emotions take over- ones that make you use your time more wisely than spending it worrying and feeling sorry for yourself. The calm begins once you can escape the overwhelming grief to look outside yourself.

73) You can only have one of these things: trust or love.
Hmm. I don't think you can have love without trust, but you could have trust without love. So I choose love.

74) What's a song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
"Smile" Uncle Kracker :-)



75) Who has your cell phone number (other than family)?
All my friends and a spambot always texting me to ask if I need a loan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP