Oscars and Ev/Cathy

Monday, February 27, 2012

Bradley Cooper was adorable during the red carpet. Hoping to do Hangover 3- yay! Best funny moment of the night goes to Descendants co-writer Jim Rash, after they won Best Adapted Screenplay, copying Angelina Jolie's award-presenting pose (what was up with her anyway- awkward much?):



My favorite speeches- Octavia Spencer for Supporting Actress and Christopher Plummer for Supporting Actor.

And gowns- I loved most of them, other than Sandra Bullock's. The black part at the bottom was body-hugging, with a pretty detail at the hip, while the top was wide at the shoulder, and loose and WHITE, which made her look unrealistically enormous from the waist up.

~~

I introduced my friend Everett to Cathy back in the day at my 16th birthday party. (Cathy went to the high school I would have attended, had we not moved when I was in 8th grade. Ev and I were at another nearby school.) They immediately started dating and were together for several months.

Fast forward to two weeks ago, when I noticed on Facebook that Everett was newly single for the second time in a year. He had already taken up with a new chick before I noticed he was available in 2011, but I caught it this time. I immediately texted Cathy.

Everett is single. You gonna hit that?

Hee hee!

She called me and I suggested she see if he wanted to get together for coffee... or margaritas. She FB messaged him.

The next day, last Saturday at Mardi Gras, he messaged her back and said it sounded great and he would prefer the margaritas. (Excellent choice.) She and I were at Crow's Cantina at the time and were literally jumping up and down like goofballs. Last week he was out of town, but TONIGHT is their big date! They talked for an hour and a half on the phone Saturday. I am so excited for them!!


Patrick's Saturday Six

1. Consider the last time you went shopping to a single store: which store was it?
Best Buy- for a new router. Ours died yesterday.

2. Consider the last time you went shopping at a mall: which store was the first one you went into?
I always enter through Dillards, but the first store at which I actually shopped was Hallmark.

3. Do you prefer to shop in a mall or in a strip of stores downtown?
Usually the mall. The parking is easier, and there is just about everything there. Downtown, the selection is more limited, although the items they stock are much more unique and eclectic.

4. You have to go downtown to purchase something in a store there, but the only parking places are parallel spaces near the store or a parking garage five blocks away: which are you more comfortable using?
I'll park in the parallel spaces, if there are any. In real life, good luck finding one!

5. Have you ever bumped another car while trying to park your own car?
Nope.

6. If you bumped a car while parking and you noticed a small mark on the car’s fender that you might have caused, but saw that no one saw you bump it, would you leave a note, or just move elsewhere and pretend it never happened?
I would definitely leave a note!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP