VDay in Review

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Remember how I thought it might be fun to throw a challenge into Valentines Day this year, and told Jeff we had to find something at Walgreens and spend no more than $5? After shopping for a funny, fun and/or cool gift for my sweetie there, I can tell you that the challenge should just be the $5 part. Drugstores have the highest prices on just about everything. I could have gotten something far more awesome for the money just about anywhere else. Still had a good time shopping though!

Note that Jeff said he liked the single store requirement, because it made it easier than having to consider the best item one could get for five bucks at every store in the free world. Whaa?? That's the thrill of the hunt, right ladies? Shopping--- very different for men and women.

Here's my $5 gift. I am a gift basket girl, and I wanted to get cheese and crackers and a single interesting beer for him, but Walgreens doesn't sell any beer in single bottles, so I couldn't afford it. Darn it! I ended up with cheese and crackers, Jelly Belly ice pops, his favorite orange Tic Tacs and gum. Cute right?


But Jeff wins this one, because... SNUGGIE! $5 on clearance.


It's designer, people. I'm typing in it right now.

Bet you didn't know that they have $2.99 wine at Walgreens. Yep. Full-size bottle. Not a sale price. It almost makes up for the $10 box of Band-aids you bought with it. I would have gotten Jeff cheese and crackers and a bottle of wine for less than $5, but I just couldn't go there.

Lauren has just started dating a new guy. He surprised her yesterday after school with a dozen beautiful roses. Awwwwww. That earned big points with mom. Just saying.

Great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP