Election

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

And so it is- Barack Obama! Sorry, was anyone DVRing the results?

I loved McCain's speech. I've always liked him. He's dedicated, funny, and a moderate in the Senate. I think two things did him in- Bush and Palin. He might have won with a better choice as VP, considering how close he was. Perhaps the economic downturn would have crashed his campaign anyway. Either way, I think he went a long way in bringing his supporters around to being Americans first and supporting President Obama.

I really like that the rest of the world is optimistic about an Obama presidency. It was an important factor in my vote. The President represents us as a nation, and we want the world to have a positive feeling about that person. It's been a while since we had that. Also loved Obama's speech, of course. Another reason I voted for him. He is an incredible speaker, motivational, not arrogant in any way. He skipped the rah-rah in favor of a more serious call to all Americans to pull together in this historic moment.

I think I need a countdown to January 20 somewhere. lol. Woohoo!

On a less thrilling note, I see the ACLU thinks there should not be a law against texting while driving. What a bunch of bloomin' idiots. I don't even know what to say to that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP