Meep

Thursday, December 17, 2009

The other day I used the word meep in conversation, in the sense of being a subtle version of "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!" (i.e. "George Clooney is picking me up for dinner at 8. Meep.") Haven't used it since the fangirl days, and it was kinda funny because I had to explain it to Lauren.

The next day, I happened to read an article about a high school that had banned the use of the word meep, because among its varied meanings (who knew), one is as a substitute for foul language. The parents were up in arms, as they should be. The administrators would rather the kids use the actual four-letter words? Too much.

So then at Daughtry, one of the roadies had a shirt that said "got meep?" LOL.

In phone news, several guard girls and two teachers saw Lauren's phone on the floor of the dance gym on Monday, but no one picked it up. It was gone on Tuesday of course. We kept calling it, but it was always still dead, so whoever stole it doesn't have a charger. AT&T gave her a new SIM card so the old one is now trash.

She thought about getting a different phone, because the Samsung Impression doesn't handle heavy texting at all. It locks up several times a day for her. When she saw the retail price she would have to pay for a different phone, she decided to go with the $50 deductible to replace hers via the insurance she's been paying for every month. I think it's a great choice.

Because I am such a cool mom, I let her put her SIM card in my phone until hers comes in. That means I have no phone until Friday. I can be reached by several hundreds of other means, so unless my car dies and I'm alone, it's all good.

Cathy is coming up tomorrow! Girls' night is planned for Saturday night (and goodness-knows-what for Friday night). The poor dear has had the month from Hell, but 'tis the season of hard liquor merriment and good cheer, so we're gonna cheer her up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP