Mmm! Fresh Nuts!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dry roasted soy nuts with sea salt. Who knew they were anything but disgusting?? I do not eat soy products. No tofu, especially no soy "milk" *cringe*. Not even the ever-popular edamame. I don't even know why I ventured to put a soy nut in my mouth in the first place, but they are really addictive. I'm not saying they taste better than cashews or several other types of real nuts. However, they are lower in calories and fat, higher in fiber, and they actually taste good. Thank you Central Market! (I've since found them at HEB as well. They're cheapest in the bulk bins.)

Dry Roasted Soy Nuts
1 oz serving is ~ 1/3 cup
110 calories
6g fat
6g fiber
12g protein

Dry Roasted Peanuts
1 oz serving is ~ 1/6 cup
170 calories
14g fat
2g fiber
7g protein

I came upon an entertaining and very informative article about Mafia Wars and gaming powerhouse Zynga...

An Offer You Can't Refuse
...Ultimately, Mafia Wars is just a time management game, and after long exposure it teaches the same lesson as every other time management game: namely, you should stop wasting time playing such a pointless - ooh, wait, I just helped Deborah complete a job. I got seven XP and 1,053 Cuban pesos, and she sent an Energy pack. Clickety clickety click-click, ding! Level 112, woohoo!
Love it.

KathyG was just pondering on Facebook what percentage of people's friends are actually Mafia Wars buddies or other random people they don't really know. I get a lot of Mafia Wars friend requests, but I have a policy not to friend anyone I don't know. Well, I did friend just one player back in the early days- he was the first person I really beat up on, and he wrote me an amusing little note asking me to join his mafia. Plus he lives in Egypt, which is cool. He is one of my most helpful mafia members. Other than him, all my Facebook friends are real.

Have a great day, everyone! Gotta check on my Russian businesses...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP