Four More Shopping Days...

Monday, December 21, 2009

...well, for all o' y'all who haven't finished shopping, that is. Hee!

Preparing to leave for Big D tomorrow. Also delivering gifts to friends today. And KathyL and I are hanging out tonight after she gets home from work. What? People are working today? Pssh.

Yesterday, Cath and I went to the Benini Ranch. We visited the studio and drove through all the sculptures and trails and up the hill. It is completely quiet at the summit where the Beninis' house is. So cool. We got out of the car there to take in the breathtaking 360-degree view looking over miles and miles of central Texas. The breeze was winding around the hill and a bell sculpture was occasionally dinging. I wanted to take video of the ringing bell in the total silence of the hilltop.

So I get out my phone to take the video and I hear a voice on the other side of the backyard. "This place is AWESOME!!! You HAVE to come out here!" The guy starts chattering on over the phone with his friend, telling him all about the ranch-- like every detail, so the friend basically doesn't need to bother coming out to see it. So I wait and we walk around a bit, and eventually he sounds like he's ending the call.

Then he starts talking again. Yeesh. So we wait some more and he walks off towards his car. Then he turns around and comes back. Then finally he wanders off where I can't hear him anymore.

And in the total silence... with a gentle hill country breeze moving the bells... I take this video:



LOL. It sounds like a gale force wind sweeping through. Stupid phone. :-p

Song Lyrics de Noël

Your eyes are green like summer grass
Your lips are red like a fresh-cut rose
Your hair is soft like an Irish stream
And your voice is filled with sweet beauty
And the last words I heard him say were
'I shall return for you, my love, on Christmas Day'

"Christmas Day" Dido

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP