Sunday in the ATX

Sunday, December 19, 2010

On the way to Sam's yesterday, Jeff told me that there is a woman in her mid-seventies who has been checking receipts at the door the last few times he was there. Last time, he chatted with her for a minute and asked how it seems she is always there. Does she work like eighty hours a week? She said no, that she worked just forty hours a week.

When we were leaving yesterday, she was there again.

Jeff: We have GOT to stop meeting like this. My wife is going to get suspicious.
Sam's Lady: And she does look like the type who would beat me up with a baseball bat!
Jeff and I: *awkward laughter*

Hey now, Sally Sarcastic. I just look sweet. :p

BTW, I always hate waiting in line on the way out that door to have my receipt checked. The checkout lines are really skinny, so it would be difficult to get through there without paying, especially with all that huge stuff.


Sunday Stealing: The Ninja Meme, Part Two

26. Whose responses to Stealing do you want to read the most?
Scotty

27. What color shirt are you wearing?
blue

28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
Yes. Although they slip off the bed, so they're rather impractical for everyday use.

29. Can you whistle?
yep, but not that loud sports-arena whistling with your fingers in your mouth. I wish I could do that.

30. Favorite colors(s)?
green

31. Could you be a pirate?
aye matey

32. What songs do you sing in the shower?
I've actually sung in the shower recently. Only because I constantly have "Bound to You" stuck in my head. I've also been known to occasionally sing "Rock-A-Bye Your Baby with a Dixie Melody." Jazz is great shower music.

33. Favorite girl's name?
Hmm. Brianna.

34. Favorite boy’s name?
Ethan

35. What’s in your pocket right now?
I don't have a pocket right now.

36. Last thing that made you laugh?
Jeff and I tasting Whipahol last night. Holy cats, that stuff will light you up. No refrigeration required. That should have been my first warning.

37. Best bed sheets as a child?
Raggedy Ann. Incidentally, I played Raggedy Ann in a Christmas play in third grade.

38. Worst injury you’ve ever had?
I tore my rotator cuff... in the shower. Don't ask. There were several weeks of physical therapy involved on that one, with the repeated question, "How did you tear it?"

39. Do you love where you live?
I do!

40. How many TVs do you have in your house? How many HDTVs?
4 TVs. All HD.

41. Who is your loudest friend?
Laura

42. How many dogs do you have?
none

43. Does anyone have a crush on you?
of course ;)

44. What are the most fun things you ever did?
Going to the first-ever homecoming Pep Rally for the Houston Oilers at the Astrodome after their AFC Championship loss to the Steelers in 1978. And there is VIDEO! Gotta love YouTube. (We were sitting a little to the left of this person.)



Seeing Duran Duran 11th row at Wembley Arena for their Sing Blue Silver Tour final London show, December 23, 1983. George Michael was there for the show, as were many popular British groups.

When I was in third grade or so, I was chosen to be one of a few PISD elementary students to present a school district award to Gordie Howe at a Houston Aeros game. We were at center ice with the media flashing their cameras and news video cameras rolling. I happened to be standing next to him during the presentation, and he put his arm around me. I was a big Aeros fan, and was so thrilled to meet him.

Any A&M football game. Even the ones where I come out with a screaming headache from screaming for three hours.

The double date in Dallas in college with Jeff's friend (the pilot) flying us around in a four-person Cessna.

45. Favorite Team?
Texas A&M Aggies

46. What songs do you want played at your funeral?
Why does this question keep popping up? I would think it was a sign, but my fortune cookie said Friday that my life is about to take "a refreshing turn." *waits*

47. What were you doing at 12 AM?
Watching "That 70's Show" and listening to Lauren come in the door from being out.

48. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up?
Don't sneeze... don't sneeze... don't... Man, nothing hurts post-chest-surgery like sneezing. Oh. Other than SHIVERING. Just stay warm and cedar-fever-free if you've been under general anesthesia in the past week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP