Christmas Cards

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Something you should know: If your Christmas card arrives here with any sort of photo included, that photo or photo card goes on our mantel. (I especially love them.) If not, your card is read aloud and then goes in a big pile on the bar. That's because I got rid of my cute reindeer card-display-thinger last year, since I didn't get enough cards to fill it even halfway. This year, my same friends and family who have become Scroogey on the holiday cards over the years went all Emily Post on me, and I have enough to fill it twice.

Something else you should know: I did not send out my annual family Christmas newsletter this year. Nor did I send cards. To anyone. I could make up some ish about having surgery, but you all know I plan things out far ahead and in grand detail, so I could have done the card/newsletter by December 1 if I had really had anything interesting to say the time.

Something else you should know:  Coconuts kill around 150 people worldwide each year, which makes them about ten times more dangerous than sharks.

The Christmas gifts I have received thus far are following a theme. Laura gave me a gaggle of gifts yesterday, which included both an A&M beer mug and a personalized wine glass koozie, though my favorite part of her gift was the card, which was so sweet! It featured the sentiment, "No one does 'inappropriate' like we do." It's so true. I love you, man.


Patrick's Sunday Seven

Now that we’re less than a week from Christmas, there’s a good chance you’ve already seen a selection of Christmas-themed movies. Earlier this week, Entertainment Weekly released a list of the 20 best Christmas movies ever.

Name your seven favorite Christmas-themed movies.

1. Love Actually
2. Gremlins
3. The Year Without a Santa Claus (Heat Miser and Snow Miser!)
4. Frosty the Snowman (I'm not the only one who cries when he melts, right?)
5. A Charlie Brown Christmas
6. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
7. The Nightmare Before Christmas

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP