'Twas the Morning Before Christmas...

Friday, December 24, 2010

...and all through the house
not a creature was stirring
'cept me here on my netbook.

Yesterday was all sorts of fun here at the in-laws! We played games and hung out and went out to the Farmers Branch Christmas Lights. (Farmers Branch is a suburb of DFW.) It's a city sponsored drive-through light display that goes through a park there.

To say it's a long line is an understatement. To make things worse, that line crawls at perhaps 1-2 cars per traffic light cycle. I drove.

We're chatting and enjoying the process as much as possible, when I casually turn my head and come to the sudden realization that I have stopped on a railroad track. I've got a dorkass in front of me who has two car lengths of empty space between him and the person in front of him, and a guy who is right on my back bumper. (This morning, the back bumper guy is writing in his blog about "a dorkass in front of me who stopped ON the RAILROAD TRACKS.")

I say out loud, "Oh my gosh, I am on a railroad track!" I laugh. "Well at least there's no train coming!"

Cue.

The.

Train.

Turns out in Dallas, they have a rapid transit system. As the railroad signal starts chiming and lowering, the guy in front of me decides he can scoot up, and I drove off the track. Good thing, because I was just about to push him.

So we go through the light display. It's a nice one, but it takes forever, and it turns out to be rather short. Probably fine for a little drive, but for an hour-and-a-half of crawling along, it wasn't much to write home about.

Grandma's review of the light display: "That was a real boner... ... ... ... I mean bummer."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP