Pimp Certification

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

KathyL is convinced, beyond any doubt, that I should get a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification. She went on and on about it. TWICE. I'm "organized and intelligent." I'm "not intimidated talking to high level corporate types." I "could run a project much better than most PM's out there."

Sweet. I need to buy that girl an expensive birthday gift. And more vodka.

I worked closely with PMs in my job as a senior data manager. I would enjoy and probably do very well heading up projects, but I'm not sure I would like all the politics of that position. Well... how much does it pay? Heh.


Patrick's Saturday Six

Since the zodiac got so much attention this week because of a newspaper article that introduced a centuries-old alternate lineup of astrological signs as if it were “new,” I figured this could be a good topic for a new set of questions.

1. Under which traditional zodiac sign does your birthday fall?
Aries

2. Go to this page and click on the appropriate symbol: what does it say about your zodiac symbol that you feel is most accurate?
-Aries tend to venture out into the world and leave impressions on others that they are exciting, vibrant and talkative.
-...low tolerance for boredom and lack of patience.
-Underneath the strong, independent surface may lie insecurity. This is due to the intense drive to succeed and Aries put too much pressure on themselves, thus resulting in self-doubt; however, the natural optimism and enthusiasm overtakes this and the underlying insecurity may never be known to others. 

3. What trait does it describe that you think least describes your personality?
-If confronted, Aries can turn to be quite childish, they will fight back with their aggressive nature and are known to have temper tantrums should they not get their way.
(I'm most often a diplomat when confronted. If I'm angry about not getting my way, which is rare, I usually retreat into silence.)

4. Now check out this schedule of zodiac signs from Time magazine. What does this adjusted lineup claim that your sign should be?
Pisces

5. If your sign changed, what is most accurate about your “new” zodiac sign’s personality traits?
-They have extreme compassion and they feel the pain of others. If something is wrong in the world that affects them, it affects them deeply, they take it to heart and feel extreme feelings regarding the matter. 

6. Assuming your zodiac sign did change, would you be more likely to claim to be whichever sign you felt was more accurate, or just stick with the traditional zodiac sign that has always been associated with your birthdate?
I would stick to the traditional one either way, since that's what has been done for like.... forever.  Plus- Aries definitely describes me better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP