♪ Cry-y-y-y-ing Over You ♫

Monday, January 10, 2011

Lauren runs the two-year-olds class (babysitting, but with lessons/songs/art/etc.) at church, but on holidays, when there is only one service, they re-assign everyone to be able to cover all the kids. On those days she has infants, up to one-year-olds.

On New Year's weekend, a 12-month-old little boy came in and was inconsolable for a little while after mommy left. Lauren held him and talked to him until he calmed down (while he totally slimed her with crying snot- heh). Then for the next hour, he would hold on to her and start crying again if she tried to put him down. So she spent the whole time carrying him around.

Now, I have to laugh, because SHE was that child. During moms' club, the first time I put her in the babysitting room (she was one year old as well), they came and got me after ten minutes, saying she just wasn't going to stop crying. I tried childcare one more meeting, and kept watching the door for them coming to find me, but they didn't. I was so relieved, but when I got back there to pick her up after the meeting, my friend who had been working in there that day told me she had had to hold Lauren the entire time!

What goes around comes around, I guess. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP