Boehner

Sunday, January 9, 2011

So I've been mispronouncing Speaker Boehner's last name.

"Baner?" Please. It's SO "boner." Böhner is pronounced more like "behr-ner," but if you're going to Americanize your German name, I think you have to go with the American pronunciation. If your name is John Böhner, Americans get to ask you how to say it. If your name is John Boehner, you can say it however you like, but expect others to assume boner. My Americanized German maiden name is slightly different than the real pronunciation, but it is pronounced as it looks in English. (Mom and I always said it in English and Dad still says it in German. On a side note, I've noticed that after a lifetime of answering the home phone with his last name, my Dad now says "Hello!" I always want to tease him and say, "WHO is this?" You know, since he doesn't say his name... *crickets*...)

I've been defriending people on Facebook this weekend. I axed seven. Nothing personal. Just eliminated the flimsy connections. Quite honestly, there are four more people on the cusp I could get rid of, if I knew their feelings wouldn't be hurt. They're probably thinking the same thing about me.

I know. It's supposed to be a race to see who collects the most friends. I just don't like the clutter.

Sunday Stealing: The First 2011 Alphabet Meme

A is for Age: 43

B is for Beer of choice: Shiner Bock

C is for Career: clinical data management for Phase I through Phase IV pharmaceutical research studies (on hold)

D is for favourite Drink: iced tea

E is for Essential item you use everyday: computer

F is for Favourite song at the moment: "This Time" Carrie Underwood

G is for favourite Game: Skip-Bo

H is for Home town: Houston

I is for Instruments you play: piano

J is for favourite Juice: apple

K is for Kids: Lauren (age 17)

L is for Last kiss: yesterday

M is for Marriage: Jeff (20 years)

N is for full Name: KathyAnn Jingleheimer Schmidt (no relation)

O is for Overnight hospital stays: 4

P is for phobias: heights, scorpions

Q is for quote: "It's not illegal. It's frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane." -Alan from The Hangover

R is for biggest Regret: not getting that Master's degree

S is for sports: football (for watching. I sorta suck at playing it.)

T is for Time you wake up: between 5am and 6am

U is for colour of underwear: dark blue

V is for Vegetable you love: snow peas

W is for Worst Habit: leaving my shoes by the breakfast room table

X is for X-rays you've had: waaaaaay too many

Y is for Yummy food you make: Chicken Parmesan

Z is for zodiac sign:  Aries, baby!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP