Great Weekend

Monday, January 24, 2011

I had a terrific time hanging out with Cathy this weekend. We chatted a lot about boys- mostly her ONE (I know! Just one?!)- and reminisced over a box of her memorabilia. She had a pair of awesome photos of us in my room at home, on Christmas break during college, that I won't post on Facebook, but you can see them here, because you are special. And there's no identifying either of us from these shots. :)


I thought about posting them on FB and clarifying, "We're not drinking, we're just goofy." Then I looked at CJ's glass of "orange juice" and now I'm not sure we weren't drinking..... too.

Speaking of not drinking, Lori and Paul (who brought their sweet niece and nephew - age 8 and 9) joined us at Kemah Boardwalk for drinks on Saturday night. We looked all over for a lounge with comfortable bar seating, but all there are (since the Ike rebuild evidently) are restaurant bars with barstools. So, we ended up having pastries and coffee at Bayside Grille. Paul and Lori cracked me up so much with their stories that my cheeks hurt by the time we left! After hanging out there, we all rode the Boardwalk Tower and the kiddos rode the Drop Zone.

If you ever need someone to come shopping with you and convince you to buy things for yourself, I'm your gal. It happens all the time here at home, and I've now extended my services to the boardwalk as well. Lori tried on an ohsocute hat on a whim at one of the little shops. It was a knit beanie sort of thing, and we loved it. She put it back on the hook and started to walk off, when I said, "You're not getting it?!" (That, my friends is the kiss of death. Once I've asked the question, resistance is futile. You will buy that thing. You wanted to in the first place. I'm just the queen of the gentle nudge to get you to live a little.) She grinned and spun around and grabbed it off the hook. She's adorable in it.

Last night was the big fireworks show in Manor! (Correction from the other day- this was Rudy's project, not Stu's. They would never even see this blog, but I just like to provide accurate information for your reading pleasure.) It was really cool. Very up close and small town, with a big turnout! It was cold as all get-out, but for about 45 minutes, it was very bearable. I did find out my gloves aren't that great at keeping hands warm. Good to know.

Fun times!! Back to the regularly-scheduled week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP