Not Tonight, Honey...

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Jeff came home from work with one of his wicked tension headaches on Thursday night. He gets them once or twice a month, and uses a magical combination of Ativan and aspirin to make them go away. The Ativan usually makes him sleepy- an expected side effect. Thursday ended up being very weird though- probably because he took a lot of it.

He took the heaviest dose choice when he got home. Around 7, I headed up to the mall. When I left, he was tired... and a little out of it.

I got home at 8:45, curled up next to him on the couch and chatted with him a bit before going upstairs to work on Foundation graphics. When I came back down to take a shower around 10:30, he was in his office, on his computer.

He heard me in the bedroom and came in and said, "You're home!"

"Yeah, we talked when I got home quite a while ago."

"We did?!"

Okay then.

About 3:30 a.m., he woke up with the headache still going, and took another maximum dose of the headache meds.

Friday morning, he was awake... but forgot to wake Lauren up for school (luckily I was there to wake her up 45 minutes late), couldn't operate his computer mouse without sliding it off his desk, and complained he had walked into a few walls (too bad I missed that!). On top of that, he wasn't understanding much of what I was saying.

When he started getting ready for work, I suggested that I should drive him. He said he would be fine, and worried about how he would get lunch and get home without a car. I was like, Trust me. I should drive you. So I did. Not sure he functioned much all day. Thanks, JeffC, for taking him to lunch and bringing him home. He was still wonky at dinner last night. At least his headache finally went away!


Saturday 9: Wouldn't It Be Nice

1. What's the nicest thing a complete stranger ever did for you?
When I was seventeen, my boyfriend and I were at Franco's in Clear Lake, and an older couple at a nearby table picked up the tab for our dinner. So sweet!

2. What one thing always speaks deeply to you, to your spirit, no matter your mood or what else is going on in your life?
Music

3. How many jobs have you held in your life? How many of those were part of your chosen career field?

Total of 6: telephone newspaper sales, restaurant hostess, retail shoe store, office aide/database admin, clinical data manager, library assistant
One in my chosen field. None in my "intended" chosen field.

4. Of those jobs, how many did you leave voluntarily?
All of them except the current one.

5. How did you discover Saturday 9? How long have you played? (Thank you for joining in!)
A link from somewhere to the very first Saturday 9... in 2007!

6. What's the worst beverage you've ever tasted?
Scotch. JeffC and KathyL have told me the quality makes all the difference, and I am very sure I had sucky scotch.

7. Is there anything in life you are "certain" about? Firm in your beliefs? Strong in your convictions?
The existence of God and the complete absurdity of Sarah Palin as President.

8. How do you come up with the title of your blog's posts?
I read through the post and try to use the first thing that comes to mind- frequently song lyrics, which is appropriate, considering this blog's name is Duran Duran song lyrics. On random days, it's sometimes very lamely named with the day of the week.

9. Would you consider yourself a good cook?

Nope. I don't mind cooking, and there are certainly plenty of great things I make, but I always use recipes and avoid complicated or fussy items that require anything like an in-oven water bath. Yeah, I'm looking at you, creme brulee.

4 comments:

I am Harriet January 15, 2011 at 9:20 AM  

That is so nice of that older couple to pick up the tab for you.

Have a great weekend!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/01/how-did-you-come-up-with-the-title-of-your-blogs-posts/

scotty,  January 15, 2011 at 11:48 AM  

back in the day we used to call them Attagirl....but I can tell you we didnt take them with aspirin. anyhoo...we would take an attagirrrrrl and do a line then dance dance dance

Kathy January 15, 2011 at 1:24 PM  

Do a line dance??? ;)

Look what the cat dragged in! Hope your stateside trip was wonderful!

Pain SUX January 15, 2011 at 9:25 PM  

lol at both Scotty and Kathy :)

Great post! I'm brand new to Saturday 9 today and so finding so many new blogs that I like.

Lovin it.

~Steph
http://fortheluvofsanity.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP