Happy Hora

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy hour last night with Jeff's coworkers and former coworkers was so much fun! It's been a while since I've been to a work happy hour. Mine are usually small, GNO get-togethers. There were around twenty people there at a long table. One of Jeff's old coworkers, ScottJ, who we know from waaaaaay back when we first got married, was at the other end of the table. I made my way down there to say hello. It's probably been ten years since I've seen him. He is still at the company and asked if Jeff was still there, which tells you how much they've seen each other in recent years... and how big the business campus is!

Texted JeffC all evening to get him to come up. Everyone was asking about him. He totally ignored me. Okay, he says he didn't see my messages until just now. That's alright. They have these things regularly, so I can harass him he can come next time.

Only in our house would you witness this exchange:

Lauren: Somebody loves you.
Me: Me?
Lauren: Yes.
Me (looking around for my purse): Are you sure?
Lauren: Yep. ♫ Doo-dee-doo! ♪

So I found my purse, with my phone, which had just chirped a late night text notification. It's all about knowing the code language around here. I should really provide a translation guide for guests.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP