Random Hump Day

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Well, I'm going to try Eva's way of posting random blog entries. I shall employ the dash to indicate a new subject. It's no less random, but quite organized. Enjoy!

-- Chad's FB status is "Why is Palin still around? Haven't we been subjected to enough of her?" It has been an exceptionally rare occasion when I have commented on political things on Facebook, but I was tempted to "like" the heck out of that.

-- Tom DeLay going to jail for three years? YAY! (Well, if it ever actually happens.) He reminds me of the Governor in Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. But more slithery.

-- Lauren's pre-cal teacher wrote Lauren's PSAT score (in the 200's) as her grade on a quiz yesterday, instead of the real grade. When Lauren noticed it, he congratulated her, as have her other teachers. I'm wondering why they all know her score. Sure, any of them could look it up, but why would they care to? *ponders*

Did you know that the class they now call "Pre-Calculus" is the former "Trigonometry"? I was wondering where trig had gone!

-- Well, we pulled the trigger on the season tickets for A&M football. WHOOP! Now we wait to see if we get them. We won't know until at least April. I won't use the parking pass, because I like parking at the mall and taking the bus onto campus. Sitting around for an hour in a parking lot after the games sounds awful. I'd rather spend my hour chatting with people and riding around town!


Patrick's Saturday Six

1. Would you like to gain weight or lose weight in 2011?
I would like to lose 20 pounds. (Friends: "From WHERE?!" Bless your hearts. You're all so sweet. And blind.)

2. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most fit, where do you rank yourself?
7

3. Can you go to a gym and do a workout without any assistance or need for motivation?
Yes. I haven't been a gym member for several years, but when I was, I could just as easily go by myself as with a friend. I've never used a trainer or any of that.

4. Do you think you’d accomplish more or less if you had a workout/diet partner?
More. Laura and I are supposed to start riding our bikes together on weekends. I wonder if that will turn out like our neighborhood walks... ;) I prefer supplementing my own regular workouts with exercise activities with family and friends, rather than exclusively working out with someone else. I don't like being tied to a workout schedule or depending on someone else to participate.

5. Take the quiz: What’s Your Fitness Personality?
Okay, I'd agree with this...
Your Fitness Personality is Minimalist
You're the type of person who just likes to move. You don't need anything fancy to exercise. You enjoy being outdoors. Your ideal workout is taking a simple hike or dip in the lake. If you're looking to shake things up, consider rock climbing, snowshoeing, or kayaking. Or consider taking a long walk in the city. You don't have to be out in nature to be inspired!

6. You’re working out in the gym and you spot a group of people who are lifting a lot more weight than you and being a little obnoxious about it: would that bother you or could you successfully ignore them without feeling any pressure?
I wouldn't feel any pressure. Each person has his own fitness level and goals. Lifting weights in particular isn't something about which I'm competitive. For me, it's reps, not weight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP