House Hunters

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

But first...

Dear Mr. Boehner and Republicans of the Congress,

There are only a few things for which a Congressman should take an unyielding stand and say, "I will never vote for this." Collecting vital tax revenue from the country's wealthiest citizens simply by establishing a minimum tax rate so their percentage equals that of the middle class... is NOT one of them.

Duh.

No love,
Me


Obama has put several reasonable budget cuts on the table. It's called compromise. Try it.

So, when I'm sick, I have a habit of getting up and around much too quickly. As soon as I think I can get moving, I'm up and doing way too much. Then I end up back in bed, recuperating like I should have been all along. I was on the couch watching a lot of HGTV in a sickish haze yesterday. It was a House Hunters marathon or something. Love that show. The people are usually so interesting. My three faves on Monday:

*two doctors in Wisconsin... Yawn. City. Seriously the most bland, emotionless people I've ever seen, but their precocious 9- and 7-year-old daughters cracked me up with their very insightful commentary on the decor of each home. Total junior decorators.

*a pretty, young Israeli girl moving into her first home in Tel Aviv, with a mere budget of US$700,000- very concerned that the condo she wanted did not have a bomb shelter (!)

*a newly-single, boobie-riffic fifty-something in Florida, looking for a "bachelorette pad" near her new bestie cougar pal, who went with her on the house hunt. Those two were something else! The homeowner even went on a date with the real estate agent at the end. (I was impressed, curled up in the corner of my sectional at that point, wishing I had the energy to get myself a glass of water.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP