Wine Class

Monday, September 12, 2011

KathyL and I took a wine class at the Wimberley Valley Winery yesterday. Such a pretty winery! By winery I mean the building. It's beautiful! No grapevines though. They import all their grapes. I had no idea there are wineries that do that. Even the teensy place we went to in Grapevine has a teensy plot of grapes. Maybe that was just for show. Hmm...

They did food and wine pairings during the class, instead of just the typical crackers. Of course, it makes a huge difference in the taste of the wines. I'd love to see if there is just a food/wine pairing class somewhere, like Central Market, where we would take more time to explore that aspect.

I was most surprised that I really enjoyed a dry white wine and goat cheese together. I loathe both of those individually. The creaminess of the cheese balances the dryness of the wine, while the little bit of sweetness of the wine counters the tart of the cheese. Pretty cool.

I was least surprised that I loved the salted dark chocolate. Not a fan of the sweet plum wine that was paired with it. But, oooh- salted dark chocolate, people. Must be what crack is like to some.

Last night we watched "9|11: 10 years Later," an amazing documentary on CBS. I hadn't seen it when it originally aired in 2002. It was supposed to be a documentary about a rookie fire fighter, and ended up being a 9/11 program. There is extensive, stunning footage, including the first plane hitting Tower 1, rescue operations inside Tower 1, then outside when it came down, as well as behind-the-scenes happenings at the fire station all day. If you missed it, you can watch it on iTunes. There are also some clips here.

I'm having lunch with Kimberly today!! She and Gib came down for the UT/BYU game this weekend, which was their first date back in the day. Awwwwwwwww. I cannot tell you how cute I think it is that they came back for that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP