TGIF

Friday, September 23, 2011

Am I the only one who rushes over to my computer when I need to do something real quick on the web, only to be completely distracted by my home page and subsequent clicking of interesting links? Then I forget why I even got online in the first place.

Just wondering.

It's my mom's bday today! She would have been 66. Hope she's somewhere with friends, having a fruity drink with a parasol. (In my Heaven, there's totally a tiki bar.)

Friday Five: To the Table

1. Some friends have invited you over to watch the big game. What do you bring for the snack table?

Taco Tartlets
24 Servings

24 Won Ton Skins
1 Lb Ground Beef
1 Pkg Taco Seasoning
2 Tbl Picante Sauce
1/2 Cup Chunky Salsa
1 Cup Mexican Cheese
1/2 Cup Sour Cream

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Press wonton wrappers into mini-muffin cups. Cook beef in skillet until browned. Drain off fat. Stir in taco seasoning and 2 tbl picante sauce. Spoon beef mixture into cups. Top with salsa and cheese.

Bake about 7 minutes or until wonton wrappers are golden brown. Serve immediately with additional salsa, sour cream and ripe olive slices if desired.

2. What do you bring for a potluck lunch at work (or school)?

Corn Casserole
8 Servings

15 1/4 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
14 3/4 oz can cream-style corn
8 oz package corn muffin mix
1 Cup sour cream
1/2 Cup butter, melted
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, stir together the 2 cans of corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, and melted butter. Pour into a greased casserole dish. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and top with Cheddar. Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let stand for at least 5 minutes and then serve warm.

3. It’s a regifting party! Everyone brings some gift they never opened or used and leaves with someone else’s. What do you bring?
I don't have any gifts I would re-gift, but I have a reeeeally cute Christmas frame I bought on a whim years ago, intending to give it to someone at some point. It just sits in my boxes of Christmas stuff and gets shuffled around from year to year.

4. You’re going camping for a long weekend with a bunch of friends. Everybody agrees to bring one thing that others often don’t think to bring. What’s your contribution?
First aid kit, OF COURSE. You're welcome. :-)

5. Road trip! The car in which you’re going to spend twenty hours with your closest friends only has a CD player. What do you bring?
Honestly I would bring a mix CD, but I suppose they're asking about albums here. Beatles albums- everyone knows/loves those songs! If it's just the girls- ABBA CDs, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP