PTA

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Last night was the longest PTA board meeting I've attended in 13 years. Holy cats. We just had so much to talk about and to vote on. We went two and a half hours straight. Then again, it's my last year as a parent volunteer. *cry* We went around the room and introduced ourselves for the benefit of the new people. I had to say, "...and I have a daughter who is a senior..." which was met with a symphony of awwww's. I was thinking, I know, right?!, but the board's lament was really a response to my being one of about eight experienced people they'll have to replace next year.

I can only say that I have a complete, very neat and organized folder (of course I do) of every piece of information necessary to run the website, along with a full explanation of duties, etc. Easy as pie to take over. I'll have to see if I can wrangle an incoming freshman parent in May, to run it for the next four years.


Patrick's Sunday Seven

Earlier this week, we saw the 45th anniversary of the premiere of a science fiction program on NBC that had a modest beginning, but grew into a cultural phenomenon. I’m sure you know by now that I’m talking about Star Trek. After several series devoted to the franchise, there are many, many characters to admire. Could you name your favorite seven? They could be from any of the Star Trek series. They can be Star Fleet heroes or any of the myriad villains. But I do ask you to list the series from which they come, particularly if the character isn’t part of the “core” cast.

Name your seven all-time favorite characters from the Star Trek universe.

Well  I watched the original long long ago, and probably every episode of Next Generation, so...

"Bones" McCoy from the original
Spock from the original
the Tribbles from the original
Jean-Luc Picard from Next Generation
Troi from Next Generation (impressed with anyone who looks that good in a full spandex bodysuit)
Lieutenant Yar from Next Generation
Geordi La Forge from Next Generation (a.k.a. "banana comb" ...heh)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP