Big Ol' Birthday Day

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

It's J's bday today. Happy birthday, baby! Also my cousin Diane's. Woo!

Had a fab Sunday with Cathy. She and Jeff and I drove around Austin all afternoon, then Cathy and I met up with Kathy for the traditional (K/C)athies evening out- dinner/drinks, followed by nighttime swimming. Don't drink and drown, friends.

Kathy's pool with the blue light.

Monday CJ headed back to San Antonio to pick up her son and her daughter's cat to take them home to Houston. She and her roomie will now have three cats. See them on the next episode of "Cat Hoarding." ;)

We all went to dinner with Debbie and the kiddos last night. Much fun!


Sunday Stealing: The Imaginary Meme, Part Two

21. Have you felt that life is like being on a roller coaster? 
Sort of. It definitely runs in ups and downs.

22. Favorite year so far? 
1994. Lauren's first year was so much fun!!

23. Do you consider yourself religious? 
I'm a Christian. I'm spiritual, but not overtly so. I'm not big into attending church services, mostly because of a few pushy, self-righteous people I've met at church as an adult... well, them and the fake type who go to church every Sunday without fail, but act like A-holes the rest of the week. Churches are man-made organizations and suffer from the foibles of man. That being said, I'm sure there are wonderful churches out there, with dedicated people doing selfless and important work in the world.

24. How do you dress to impress? 
Depends on who I'm trying to impress.

25. Have you ever been to Connecticut?
I don't think so.

26. Do you eat sushi? 
Oh yes. Mostly maki (rolls).

27. Would you smoke pot providing there was no risk or driving involved?
I wouldn't smoke anything, because of the health effects.

28. What do you think of Idol Winner Phillip Phillips?
I don't know him. I did see his finale performance, and I like that he cried. You have to cry when you win Idol or you're just a heartless human being.

29. Do you believe that animals have souls?
I'm thinking no.

30. Who did you last talk to? Share, if you dare.
Wow. Who do you think I'm talking to? Jeff.

31. What is one thing that always annoys you? 
Dangerous and/or stupid drivers.

32. Do you believe in a higher being? 
Yes.

33. Have you ever fallen in love with a neighbor? 
Nope. I once went out with a guy who was in my neighborhood, but about 4 blocks away. It would be convenient to fall in love with a neighbor, but it sure would be a bummer when it was over to have to see them every day.

34. Any plans for this weekend? 
Going to Joshua and Brittany's wedding.

35. Would you like to rule your country, if you could?
There isn't enough money in the world to make it worth taking that job.

36. Do you like watching films about the nature of animals? 
Yes

37. What's the difference between love and/or lust?
Gosh, I wish I could think of a snarky answer for this, but I'll go with lust requires only a physical connection, whereas romantic love additionally requires knowing and liking and connecting with a person on an emotional level.

38. Do you have a soul? 
Yes

39. One best friend or many good friends? 
Hard question. One best friend. I really value my deeper connections with my very close friends, and would feel more lonely without them than I would if I lost all my good friends.

40. Do you believe in spontaneous combustion?
Nope. We joke about it a lot though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP