Avoid Calls from People Not in Your iPhone Contacts

Thursday, May 3, 2012

I've begun to receive calls from telemarketers on my cell phone. Grr. I looked for some way to escape them, but there isn't an official app in the app store that allows you to route calls from numbers not in your contacts list straight to voice mail, or to block them in any other way. However, you can do the following to accomplish pretty much the same thing:

1. Set your default ringtone to a silent ringtone. You can make your own silent ringtone, or just download one here. (Bless you, Richard K. Miller.)
2. Go through and give each person on your contact list a specific, non-silent ringtone. This could take a while, but it's so worth it.

Now at least you can't hear calls from people not on your contact list. They'll go to VM and solicitors or wrong numbers hardly ever leave a message.


Sunday Stealing: The Semi Charmed Meme, Part One

1. My uncle once: put my aunt in the (room temp) oven, when they were kids.

2. Never in my life: will I jump from any perfectly good platform or bridge with only a bungee cord attached to me.

3. When I was five: Atari released the first-ever commercially successful video game- the arcade version of Pong.

4. High School was: freakin' awesome!

5. I will never forget: when I was doing the Moms' Club newsletter and Laura told me that many of her beautifully-written, tear jerker "notes from the president" were made up.

6. I once met: Donny Most.

7. There’s this girl I know who: regularly sunbathes naked in her backyard, to avoid pesky tan lines.

8. Once, at a bar: Angel and I very much enjoyed watching Taye Diggs dance in VIP.

9. By noon, I’m usually: out and about, running errands.

10. Last night: was Glee catch-up night on the DVR. "Wasabi is the new Sea Foam." Bwahaha!

11. If only I had: a million dollars. I'd buy you a monkey. Haven't you always wanted a monkey?

12. Next time I go to church: I'll have to go through the Confessional first.

13. Jonathan Frid: invented the internet??? This suddenly feels like a quiz.

14. What worries me most: is that I may one day forget to authorize/deauthorize a computer or something, and lose all my iTunes music in one fell swoop.

15. When I turn my head left, I see: my wedding album on Jeff's rocket-building table, which ironically used to be my scrapbooking table.

16. When I turn my head right, I see: a framed photo of JC Chasez and me at a radio station thing.

17. You know I’m lying when: I do all the obvious things people do when they're terrible liars.

18. What I miss most about the 80s: going out dancing most Friday and Saturday nights.

19. If I was a character in Shakespeare, I’d be: oy- this is a quiz. I have no idea. Did my senior English teacher put you up to this?

20. By this time next year: I'll be working!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP