Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Saturday, May 5, 2012

I have bail money at the ready, friends. Just in case. ;)


Saturday 9: That's Why God Made The Radio

1. The Beach Boys are back together (everyone alive, Dennis and Carl have passed, including Brian) for the first time in 25 years. It's their 50th Anniversary tour. Their new single is called, “That's Why God made the Radio”. Did radio play a huge part of your growing up years?
Radio was an enoooormous part of my growing up years. Not a day went by that I wasn't listening. In elementary and junior high school, Lori and I listened to KRBE. We were huge fans of American Top 40 with Casey Kasem, which we listened to together every weekend. We also were frequent callers to KRBE during dedication times.

I had cassettes out the wazoo on which I had taped my favorite songs from the radio. You all know how hard that was. Waiting.... waiting... waiting for the song you wanted to come on, then running like the wind to press record before it was too late! You ended up with all these songs with the first line cut off. If you actually got the whole thing, especially without the DJ talking over the first bit, you were totally exhilarated! Best taping opportunities were during the Top 9 at 9, because your faves would be on and you could be right there with your finger on the button for an hour.

In high school, it was KKBQ we were all blasting at the beach, in the car and around the house- wherever we were hanging out. We were always trying to win concert tickets. Still calling in requests and dedications!

2. What is something that you are disappointed about right now?
Hmm. Not really anything in particular. Oh- I am going to miss the Gavin DeGraw/Colbie Caillat concert. :(

3. What are you really anticipating right now?
We've got a lot of stuff coming up. I think I'm most anticipating the X Factor taping at the Erwin Center.

4. When was the last time you watched your favorite movie? What is it?
The most recent of my favorite movies was The Hangover, a couple of weeks ago.

5. If you could bring one person back from the dead, who would it be?
My mom.

6. Who was the last person you hung up on?
I've only ever hung up on prank callers on purpose, but recently, I seem to be holding my iPhone out from my face when I talk, which brings the menu up, and my face eventually touches the mute button. So everyone I talk to has experienced that at some point. It only seems like I hung up on you. Last person I did that to was a high school administrator.

7. Does it bother you when meme makers separate questions that could've been combined?
Nah. It's about quantity, not quality, when it comes to meme questions. ;)

8. What is the first animal you would run to see if you went to the zoo?
Chimpanzees! Speaking of chimps, Jeff and I saw Chimpanzee last week. I wasn't a huge fan. It was cute enough, and I learned a lot (including the fact that chimps eat other MONKEYS- omg I had no idea), but I didn't like Tim Allen as a narrator. Also, I wish it would have just been a straight-up documentary, rather than trying to be a story with a plot.

9. What is the food you always buy at the grocery store that you can't live without?
Raisin Nut Bran cereal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP