Friday Five

Friday, November 14, 2008

It's BDay Party Day!!! Lauren's actual bday is Sunday.

In the never-ending saga that is my hair... I have returned to the curls. My hairdresser at Ulta has instructed me on the styling of natural curls. She says to use lots of product and not to touch it while it's drying. So I slather on Bain de Terre All-Day Straight (in an ironic homage to the Chi I suppose--- Ahaha. Ironic. Chi iron.--- I've been up since 5. Stay with me, folks.), which keeps it shiny and non-frizzy. I let it dry into its curly madness without touching it. Then I use a pick to lift it and comb through a few parts. If I get a couple of weird curls, I re-curl them with a curling iron. Voila!

Friday 5- "Marks" (from the archives)

1. What kind of marks did you get in school?
Straight A's.. until my sophomore year at A&M. After that- A's and B's and one D that was actually an F. At least I didn't have to repeat EE 201. Thanks, Dr. Ayoub.

2. Do you have any birthmarks?
A small, light brown one on my right side.

3. What’s the story behind one of your scars?
Matching set of little scars, one on the top of each foot, from a lymphangiogram, the only medical test worse than a bone marrow biopsy. They make incisions in your feet and stick needles directly into the lymph vessels. Then they inject the lymph vessels with a dye that slowly migrates up your legs to the inguinal lymph nodes, burning like the devil himself every centimeter of the way. Yeah, it could easily be a scene from a horror movie.

4. What do you usually use to mark your place in a book?
I bend the page corner. I know.... I'm quite the rebel.

5. What famous Mark do you most admire?
Mark Spitz

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP