Four for Friday

Friday, August 8, 2008

We saw Summer Stock Austin's production of Oklahoma! last night at St. Ed's. It was really fantastic. These are college and high school students from all over Texas who spend the summer doing theater here. The singing was amazing! The girl who plays Ado Annie steals the show. It runs through this Sunday the 10th.

On Letterman last night, Kiefer Sutherland said that while in county jail for DWI, he literally dropped the soap in the shower. Oh man. That is funny. And the guy takes responsibility for what he did, pointing out that it was one of those "I think I'm okay to drive" things so many people do, but should never. He encouraged people to just let someone sober drive. Refreshing in the face of other celebs who don't even get why they are going to jail for a little old DWI.

And now Four for Friday:

Did you paint the walls in your home or were they painted to your liking before you moved in?
All the walls were originally the builder's standard off-white. I have painted some rooms. I hate doing the painting, but love the result.

What's your favorite room in your house and why?
The kitchen. I guess it's the hub of the house. It's big and it has my one red wall that I've always wanted.

If your employer offered you the opportunity to work from home, would you take it?
When I go back to work, I don't want to work from home every day. I would miss the social aspect of the office. I might like working from home one day a week, to have a day of flexible time to take care of household tasks, appointments, etc.

When was the last time you hosted overnight visitors in your home, and how long did they stay? Do you enjoy entertaining/hosting overnight visitors?
It's been a few months. I think it was Cathy and she stayed two nights. I enjoy hosting overnight guests. Come on down!

4 comments:

Anonymous,  August 8, 2008 at 9:45 AM  

1) We had to paint all the walls...it was a chore but our place looks pretty good.
2)Living Room...As of now it is the only room in our apartment that feels complete.
3)Hell Yes!!!
4) That would be Hans and Daniel from Canada..they stayed for 3 weeks.

Is Ado Annie the one that sings "I'm just a girl that caint say NO!"?

Kathy August 8, 2008 at 10:00 AM  

Yes! That's Ado Annie. This girl had the cutest giggle, and she just played that character SO well. Beautiful voice, too.

I've only had one guest stay three weeks with us. That was a long time. Just sayin. LOL. Probably depends on the guest though.

Anonymous,  August 8, 2008 at 10:09 AM  

well...one of the guest I love dearly...so that was great...but the other one not so much...that was TOUGH!!! Hopefully never again.
I just sent you an e-mail with photos of my living room...jealous much????

Kathy August 8, 2008 at 10:19 AM  

WOW! I love it! The wood wainscoting on that adjoining wall is so cool. Awesome colors on the walls and neat furniture.

Huma is a beautiful cat!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP