Instant Messaging Habits

Friday, August 15, 2008

When I sign in, my status is...
"invisible to everyone", which I almost always immediately switch to "available." I don't log in for the day until I'm available to talk.

When I set my status to "busy"...
I anticipate I will be unavailable for a significant amount of time, but not so long that I would just log out of YM.

When I list a specific activity in my status...
I think it's interesting, have certain contacts who need to know what I'm doing, or have made up something ridiculous that I think is funny.

When I start typing "lol" a lot...
I am either amused or letting you know that I am joking about something. I type "lol" a lot, but it's legit- not those "whatever, let's move along..." kind of lol's.

lol.

When I am using shortcuts/chatspeak...
other than the basics (brb, lol, etc.), I am just being silly. Things like "how R U" are not part of my normal online conversations.

When I am typing in all lowercase...
you'll know it's me and not an impostor. I always type in lowercase because it's faster.

When I say "BRB"... 
I'll be away from the computer for a couple of minutes. If my status is "BRB", I'll be away for like 15 minutes or less.

When it looks like I'm offline...
there is a 99% chance that I am not logged into YM. I may be on the net though, so "offline" isn't really accurate.

When it looks like I am idle...
let me know, because it's not supposed to show when I'm idle.

When I sign out suddenly...
I most likely closed the Messenger program window by accident, and will return within moments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP