Facebook, Moulin Rouge

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Facebook is killing me with the constant changes to the News Feed. For a while I wasn't getting anything current, only 3-week old updates. Finally they added the "Show All Stories" option, and I could see all updates by date. Today they've changed the "All Stories" tab to something called "Live Feed" which appears to be a truly LIVE feed, for which I have no use at all. Gah.

About 6pm yesterday, we lost TV and internet at the same time... all... night... long. O. M. G. What kind of world do we live in?! *shakes fist at Time Warner* So we watched Lauren's baby video and Moulin Rouge.

As for the baby video, I look completely exhausted in every clip. Happy, but sleep-deprived. The first clip after her birth, I am half zonked on morphine. I have that same look when she's a month old.

Moulin Rouge. I still remember almost walking out of the theater about 5 minutes in, because it was just sooo strange. And loud. I'm glad I stuck it out, because it is one of my very favorite movies ever. Ewan McGregor is so incredibly hot in it. It's the singing thing mostly, but he looks good, too. Who knew he had that voice? The story is so romantic and the dialogue is hilarious. The music. The cinematography. The costumes. Just amazing.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  August 28, 2008 at 11:02 AM  

I love Moulin Rouge...I love the play on good vs evil...Christian/Satine...hotel Laments...

Ewan is definitely eye candy...and he has a BIG...I mean BIG personality. He can carry a half dozen doughnuts and 2 cups of coffee!!!You need to see the Pillow Book...you see everything Ewan has to offer. It is a very good movie...very sensual and artistic...I absolutely love it...but do NOT watch in front of kids. Unless you are comfortable with lots of nudity.

Kathy August 28, 2008 at 11:04 AM  

LOL. Well I'll have to see it then. (No kids though.)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP