Weekend

Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm one of those people not watching the Olympics in protest of human rights abuses in China, but I did happen to be doing dishes during swimming last night, when I heard the announcer say, "Now he can say that he is the number one breast stroker in the world!" Um. Wow. lol.

Incidentally, I am also boycotting W for attending. Although, I was already boycotting him for other reasons. Any news coverage of him and I change the channel. It actually does wonders for your blood pressure.

Also heard about the 4x100 freestyle where France was trash-talking us and we beat them by 8/100 of a second. Bwahahaha! Who trash-talks at the Olympics?

2 comments:

Anonymous,  August 11, 2008 at 11:43 AM  

Not watching the Olympics will not be effective. You really need to boycott the sponsers...do not use their products. That will send a better message.
I do not know too much about the history of China...I think you can look at any country and find a reason to not support them. Just look at the US...Our history is full of human rights abuses...still to this day!!!
The Olympics should be about the athletes. Period. Plus you have to admit that they put on a world class opening ceremony.
In this day...we really do not need China as an enemy.

Kathy August 11, 2008 at 12:11 PM  

Ahh yes, I am boycotting sponsors as well. Other than Johnson & Johnson, who are virtually unavoidable. lol.

Didn't see the Opening Ceremony, but Jeff said it was awesome. Something with drums and lights. I support the Chinese people and the world's athletes (except the trash-talking ones- that's silly!).

It's a huge source of frustration for me that we choose which countries to support based on financial implications. GRR.

And if there are human rights violations here for which other countries want to boycott us, I totally agree they should. We are a world community now.

I agree that we don't want China as an enemy, but there are simple things, like our president not attending the Olympics there, that could be done as a small symbol of our feelings on these particular issues.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP