Chorizo

Friday, August 8, 2008

I was driving Laura crazy this afternoon with my pronunciation of the word "chorizo." I use the standard Texas pronunciation- cho-REE-zo. She insists that it should be said with the Spanish accent- cho-DEE-so (corrected from the rolling R, per my Spanish-speaking friends), and of course she says it at the required 150mph.

You know I'll be thinking up chorizo stories for the next six months to get her going. If I really wind up my drawl, I bet can even make it a four-syllable word. ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous,  August 9, 2008 at 10:28 AM  

actually it is pronounced
cho-di-so.
if it was a double r...then it would be cho rrrrrrreee so.

Kathy August 9, 2008 at 11:03 AM  

Ha! She has talked to me about this post and didn't correct me. I must admit though, that since she says it so fast, it could very well be cho-di-so. lol.

Kathy August 9, 2008 at 11:04 AM  

And I'm calling it cho-ruh-eeeeee-zo now.

Kathy August 9, 2008 at 10:42 PM  

Okay. Tonight she called me and corrected me. lol.

And she found smoked chorizo for my recipe at Central Market. Yay! I can only get raw versions at HEB.

Anonymous,  August 10, 2008 at 10:36 AM  

ooohhhhhhhh!!!!

I miss Central Market!!! There was one in Houston (Highland Village). I used to buy wasabi peas by the truckload!!!!

Kathy August 10, 2008 at 11:03 AM  

I love Central Market, too. And the cafe is great.

Now you have to come back to Texas for a visit, to go to Central Market!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP