Wedding Meme

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

1. Where/how did you meet?
In Physics and Calculus, fall of 1986, my sophomore year at TAMU.

2. How long have you known each other?
Almost 22 years.

3. How long after you met did you start dating?
Let's see. After we actually spoke? 'Cuz there were several weeks of non-verbal flirting before that. I think we started talking to each other in class in November and started dating in January.

4. How long did you date before getting engaged?
We dated for a year and then broke up. We were apart for almost a year and then got back together and dated for another 5 months or so before getting engaged. So, a year-and-a-half total.

5. How long was your engagement?
1 year. He was living in Austin during that time, while I was in College Station at grad school.

6. How long have you been married?
18 years.

7. Where was the rehearsal dinner?
Nighthawk. Yummo. Too bad that place shut down.

8. How many people came to your wedding reception?
Around 75.

9. What kind of cake did you serve?
Traditional white cake for the wedding cake. Chocolate for the groom's cake. Yeah, I would SO do something more interesting today.

10. Where was your wedding?
Fairview Baptist Church in Austin.

11. What did you serve for the meal?
We were at the Hyatt Regency Town Lake, so of course we had their famous fajitas!

12. How many people were in your bridal party?
Nine. Matron of Honor- Kimberly; Best Man- Gene; 2 bridesmaids- Cathy and Kathy; 2 groomsmen- Stephen and Steven; my friend Judy, who sang during the ceremony; 2 ushers- Doug and Greg.

13. Are you still friends with them?
We've lost track of Stephen, Doug and Greg.

14. Did your spouse cry during the wedding ceremony?
No. Neither did I. I was afraid I would be weeping through the whole thing, but I was way too nervous to be exceptionally emotional.

15. Most special moment of your wedding day?
When we first saw each other, just before I walked down the aisle.

16. Any funny moments?
I forgot to give Kimberly Jeff's ring before the ceremony. She pulled her wedding band off while we were at the altar and gave it to me for the ring exchange. Jeff didn't realize it was hers and shoved it onto his finger, where it became stuck. After the ceremony, it took a while to get the thing off. I don't think Kimberly found it as funny as the rest of us did.

17. Any big disasters?
No. I had typed up a schedule for every person in the wedding party. Seriously. The thing went very smoothly.

18. Where did you honeymoon?
The Westin Camino Real in Cancun. (It's now called something else. It's at the point, next to the Hyatt.)

19. For how long?
1 week.

20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change?
I wouldn't change my wedding because it was what I wanted at the time, but I think it would be a blast to bring a very small group on a trip somewhere exotic and tropical, and do the ceremony on a beach.

21. What is your song?
We don't have a song. I don't think I have had a particular song with anyone, actually. Any songs from a certain time period remind me of the relationships I had at that time.

22. What did you dance your first dance to?
"Don't Know Much"- Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Neville

23. Describe your wedding dress.
Very 80's. White satin. Big puffy sleeves, lots of sequins and lace. Long train with a huge bow on the back. It was totally AWESOME.

24. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?
Peach freesia, peach roses and some kind of white flowers I can't recall the name of.

25. Are your wedding bands engraved?
His says "Love you, K." (Neither one of us remembered it exactly. I had to look. lol.) My wedding ring is one of those contorted shapes that fits into the engagement ring by a miracle of physics, so its band is too narrow for engraving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP