Yahoo Beta Purgatory

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It turns out that for the last few months I've been stuck in a weird space between Yahoo Classic Mail and The New and Improved Superdy Duperdy Yahoo Mail. They "upgraded" me to the beta of the new Yahoo Mail a while back. Then they left me there.

The other day, I had a question about a new folder only visible from my iPhone. When I went to Yahoo's help section, none of the instructions even vaguely resembled what was going on on my mail screen. After a day of Googling and polling friends and feeling very weirded out that no one else's mail matched mine, I finally surrendered and clicked the button to revert me to Classic Mail.

Yahoo Mail (in a snarky tone): Are you sure you want to go back to Yahoo Mail Classic?
Me: Yes. *click*
Yahoo Mail: Will you tell us why in the name of all that is holy you would want to do that?
Me: Um, NO. *irritated click*

Well, the blasted folder wasn't in Classic Mail either. I threw up my hands and decided to live with it, and I went back to the New Mail.

And there it was! The secret folder and the non-existent "options" link everyone had been telling me to click, for which I had searched all day! And a shiny new blue banner graphic and sleek, modern buttons! It was... the Final Non-Beta New and Improved Superdy Duperdy Yahoo Mail. (Now... and for who knows how long... known simply as Yahoo Mail.)

Beta users are supposed to be unpaid invaluable aides, privy to the latest development updates and a secret handshake! I see how it is, Yahoo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP