Chrome

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Howdy from Google Chrome. Again. It's uncharacteristically fickle of me to switch back and forth between browsers. I don't like the lack of customization options with Chrome (Jeff says it's "like an Apple product" in that way *eye roll*) but the Jeffs are telling me Chrome is better. It's faster and helps other programs run faster in other windows because it uses much less memory than my beloved Firefox.

Also, Firefox has recently been serving me blank pages on one of my email accounts, complaining about some resolution problem on Yahoo mail and taking forever to shut down on my netbook. So I was ready to give Chrome another chance. Returning to IE is just not a reasonable option.

While browsing Chrome Bookmark Help - because, um, WHERE THE F ARE MY BOOKMARKS? - I found this:

"If you created the bookmark on accident, click Remove to undo the addition of the bookmark."

My mother is rolling in her grave. I can hear her now-- "It's 'on purpose' or 'by accident,' not 'on accident.'" How many times did I hear that? Let's just say I did a lot of things on accident in my youth.

:)

Yeah, I'll give Chrome a trial period, now that I've located my bookmarks. (You have to enable the bookmarks toolbar under Options>Basics to be able to see them without going through menus.)

Last night, Jeff and I watched Due Date with Zach Galifianakis and Robert Downey Jr. It was not good, but I was quite amused at one thing: My music-challenged husband actually sang along with some song in the film- one I swear I've never heard in my life. He doesn't know the words to anything! And he could not believe I had never heard it. It was something called "Hey You" by Pink Floyd.

Mmmkay.

??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP