I Should Have a Blog Label for IKEA

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lauren and I went to IKEA yesterday to look at desks for her room. Always so much fun to dork around there. She found a great one, and we have to go back soon to get a chest of drawers to match. I was going to refinish her current chest of drawers, but I already know how that would have gone: three long, hot days of sanding and staining, with a very undesirable result and the inevitable trip to IKEA to get the matching chest like I should have done in the first place.

Just saving us all some time! Plus- now I can take her old furniture set and put it in the guest room, which will then have matching furniture throughout, for the first time in 21 years. Whoop!

A tip for IKEA shoppers: Do NOT try to go back to something you saw earlier in the store.... against the flow clearly indicated by arrows on the floor. Just. Don't. Especially with a big ol' cart from the marketplace.

An old idea of mine came up again a few weeks ago. Jeff and I need to open a venue like those indoor kid places with ball pits and slides and pizza, only for adults. Of course the activities would be slightly different. Although, you have to keep the ball pits. Come on now. Beer and ball pits? Now that's a lawsuit waiting to happen fun!

Every time I tell someone about this dream place, I say, "I think we should open an adult entertainment venue."

Depending which friends I'm talking to, I get one of two reactions: wide-eyed astonishment or the grin and waggling eyebrows.

Oops. Not "adult entertainment." (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) Entertainment for adults!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP