I Was Going to Call this Post "Lewd Photos" But I Reconsidered

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

When news outlets talk about the recent rash of "lewd photo scandals," they always put up the photo of Rep. Chris Lee where he's posing shirtless in the mirror.

Dude. I can see bare-chested guys from my front porch.

Lewd is when they have to blur something out, or they have to show an alternate photo of your face *coughBrettFavrecough* because they'd have to blur your lewd photo in its entirety. Don't settle for less, ladies!

And now it's time for...

Tech Talk

...where I discuss technical things of which I know just enough jargon to throw off people who know even less about it than I.

Here it is: I'm pretty sure all this proposed cloud computing is going to break the internet. 

First there were Google Docs, where everyone can view and/or edit documents from anywhere. Now Amazon gives you access to a copy of every MP3 you purchase for you to stream from wherever for forever. Soon Apple is going into the cloud thing for iTunes. (What happens to precious items I didn't purchase, like my (somewhat-)super-secret copies of master recordings of a certain singer's backup vocals for an particular song years ago? Can I store it there? Can I listen to my local copy on my i-devices? Eh- it has to be heard with awesome headphones anyway... GAH. But I digress...)

And we're all supposed to view/edit/listen to these items via the net (or 3G? really?). First off, my phone data plan won't handle that and rumors are again circulating that home internet costs will become usage-based soon, making home use a drain as well. Secondly, the combined bandwidth is going to be astronomical. Will the strain on the system slow everything to modem speed? It just sounds like a very convenient, however, nightmarish scenario. I was already twitching at the thought of all of us streaming movies from Netflix, although so far our streaming has been pretty great with the limited number of shows and films available.

Of course, for the music, if I'm still allowed to have a local copy on my PC/laptop/phone/ipod as well, all should be fine and dandy, because 99% of the time I'll just listen to my own copy without having to access the internet at all. I still can't find anything that definitively says I get my own copy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP