Alec Baldwin revisited

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Laura was dismayed that I thought celebs supporting Baldwin were nuts. Those are his friends and if the world had found out that she had said that to her child, she hoped I would support her.

So I shall clarify... It's not the general support of his friends that surprises me. If any of my friends had said that to their child, I would most definitely say something like "My heart goes out to her. She must have been really stressed out. It's not like her to say something like that. She really loves her daughter...." etc. I totally get that.

It's the frequent comment that we all say things like that to our children in the privacy of our own lives that irritates me. That is simply not my experience or belief. Certainly there are some verbal abusers out there who have said those things and worse to their kids. We don't all say those things. We do all say or do the occasional harsh thing we would be embarrassed to have anyone know about- those things we tell our mom friends after a few glasses of wine and hope they say they've done it too- but never that vicious stream of hostility he spewed at her. That was just totally over the top.

More clarifications of my personal take on this thing--
*I am aware that Kim Basinger is most likely a nutball.
*Someone obviously supplied the audio to the TMZ website for the purpose of taking Baldwin down. It ended up being more of a takedown of their daughter.
*I believe that Baldwin meant those nasty words for his ex, not for his child.

Those things are important. They just don't excuse or defend what he did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP