Catfish

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Jeff and I saw Catfish at the Drafthouse yesterday. Universal Pictures had our audience fill out a survey before and after the film. One of the questions was "Why did you decide to see Catfish?" Jeff answered, "Other- My wife made me." LOL. For the record, although he rolled his eyes at my quite enthusiastic synopsis of the movie trailer, he volunteered to take me.

Catfish is supposed to be an actual documentary, although I have some doubts that it's real. Could be, I suppose. It's about an NYC photographer who befriends a young girl on Facebook who paints his photos. He ends up friending other family members, too, and having a romantic online and texting relationship with the artist's older sister Megan. There's not much I can say without giving away what the guy and his documentary-making brother and friend find when they travel to Michigan to meet Megan and her family. The trailer reveals that things are not as they seem.

It's a very good movie. I recommend it. (I had a whole vague commentary typed out here, but it alluded somewhat to the conclusion, so... just see it!)

I think we have the only two cats in the world who appreciate and play with every single toy we purchase for them at the pet store. I've not had a cat who played with any pet store toys, much less all of them. Like toddlers, they'd typically rather play with toilet paper rolls.

More randomness---- I've noticed lately that Lauren twirls her hair just like my mom always did. Pretty neat. :)

And finally-- My all-time favorite Depeche Mode song is "Somebody." I wrote out the lyrics in perfect cursive on a sheet of notebook paper when I was in high school, and I still have them in the folder with all my songs and poetry. While I was researching who performs the amazing cover of Radiohead's "Creep" (Scala & Kolacny Brothers, a girls' choir from Belgium) for The Social Network trailer (a film I oddly have no desire to see), somehow I webbed around and saw a mention of "Somebody," and just had to feature it here in its entirety for the lyrics o' the day. Very honest and raw lyrics, and a beautiful, flowy melody.

Song Lyrics of the Day

I want somebody to share
Share the rest of my life
Share my innermost thoughts
Know my intimate details
Someone who'll stand by my side
And give me support
And in return
She'll get my support
She will listen to me
When I want to speak
About the world we live in
And life in general
Though my views may be wrong
They may even be perverted
She'll hear me out
And won't easily be converted
To my way of thinking
In fact she'll often disagree
But at the end of it all
She will understand me
I want somebody who cares
For me passionately
With every thought and
With every breath
Someone who'll help me see things
In a different light
All the things I detest
I will almost like
I don't want to be tied
To anyone's strings
I'm carefully trying to steer clear of
Those things
But when I'm asleep
I want somebody
Who will put their arms around me
And kiss me tenderly
Though things like this
Make me sick
In a case like this
I'll get away with it

"Somebody" Depeche Mode

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP