Sunday Meme on Monday

Monday, September 20, 2010

It is hard to work out with kittens in the room. Especially while wearing sport shorts with strings dangling down from the waist. Seriously, someone is going to get hurt. Probably me.


Sunday Stealing: The Threesome Meme

1. At what time of your life were you happiest and why?

While I'm quite happy right now, I am in a transition period from stay-at-home-mom to career, and also Lauren is going off to college in a year-and-a-half. It's big change, and I'm just sort of feeling like I'm flowing along with it, while I prefer stability in my life. I think my happiest time ever was Lauren's preschool years. Most of my friends were at-home moms and we hung out together all the time with our children. Busy, crazy life, but so much fun!

2. Where and when did you meet the love of your life?
Fall of my sophomore year at college, in Physics class. He sat in front of me, with his gorgeous wavy hair and soft, touchable sweaters. I managed not to touch the hair or the sweaters all semester until we officially started dating in January.

3. Favourite item of clothing ever or most treasured possession?
clothing- black leather boots!

4. Must-have makeup or beauty item?
Burt's Bees peppermint lip balm. So great!

5. What do you think is your worst vice or fault .. honestly?
I can hold one heck of a grudge. Very rare, but yes. If I've been screwed over... it is very difficult to get back in my good graces.

6. Would you tell your friend, if you knew her husband/wife was cheating on her/him?
A close friend- definitely. Imagine you find out that your spouse was cheating on you AND a close friend knew, but didn't say anything. That would be pretty crappy. In the case of an everyday friend, it depends on the situation. I would probably find a way to say something without coming right out and saying that I know their spouse is cheating.

7. What ambitions, wishes or desires, for your life, do you still hold close to your heart?
Lots of traveling left to do- Italy, Russia, Australia; I want to write my musical- it's on the back burner again, but I'll get to it; I want a kick-ass media room for our next (last) house, where we will host many get-togethers for sports, awards shows, movie nights, etc.!

8. Where do you see yourself five years from now?
Season tickets to A&M football games, where Lauren will be at school; in a new one-story house here in Austin, with that most awesome media room; two giant, spoiled cats running around; back in the data management biz

9. If you had the choice of any talent with the penalty that you would lose a talent in exchange, what would you want to gain, and what would you be willing to lose?
Gain: playing piano by ear
Lose: being able to do complex math in my head- who really uses that?

10. Name three things that you do want completed in your life before retiring.
a) Downsize and optimize the house situation.
b) Do the long-distance trips I want to do, in case it becomes more difficult financially or physically. If not, wonderful! We'll keep on traveling as long as we can. But at least I'll have done the ones I want to do most.
c) Save the most current recommended amount of money for retirement.

11. Of all of the people out there, who would have been your fantasy date? Date, not romance...
Fantasy date? Obvious answer. Next. :)

12. Google put another spell on you, you have just changed genders for 48 hours... what are you going to do with your 2 days?
ANOTHER spell? Other than touring men's bathrooms around town, I would do all my normal things, to see if I experienced them any differently.

13. If you owned your own island, and got to make it your own country, what would you call it? And why?
I would call it The Loo, so when people visit, they will say "I'm going to The Loo!"

14. If you rubbed the lamp and got 3 wishes, what would they be?
a) a cooktop
b) BMW Z4
c) three more wishes

15. What is your earliest memory of puberty?
Being horrified that hair was growing under my armpits.

16. If you got banished to your Island alone and could only bring 5 things, what would they be?
a) ponytail holder
b) Burt's Bees peppermint lip balm
c) laptop
d) cell phone
e) Ocean's 12 DVD

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP