Sunday Stealing Players' Meme- with My Question

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sorry, Paramore, but your current song is soooooooo repetitive. Must turn it off when I hear it. :(

The Pilot's battery went dead last night while Jeff and I were out. We stopped for gas, and when he tried to start it again, it was completely dead. It was sort of freaky, absolutely nothing was working- dome light, warning lights, nothing- but the lights on the radio were cycling around in rapid succession over and over. I almost took a video on my phone, because I figured we were about to be sucked up by an alien spacecraft, and I needed to leave evidence of what had happened to us. Well, we were in Oak Hill. That's the sort of thing that happens out there. ;)

We got a jump from the guy next to us, which would have been impossible where we had just been- in a parking spot along the street at the Hill Country Galleria. We would have had to wait a hundred years for one of the two people next to us to come back from wherever they were to jump us. There was a band playing in the amphitheater and the Iron Cactus was roaring with action. It could have been a while.

Luckily we made it to an auto parts store just before they closed and the guy switched it out for us. Whew!


Sunday Stealing: The Sunday Stealing Player's Meme

Today we ripped this meme not from a blogger but from you, our players and friends. We asked for original questions last week. And did you guys deliver!

1. :::sniff, sniff::: Is the dog in the house?

Gosh I hope not. We don't have a dog.

2. What is the best piece of advice you've ever received?
Never carry a balance on your credit cards. And I never have. I pay them off every month.

3. What's the worst experience you've ever had involving alcohol?
Waking up with that guy in the process of passing out on top of me, on the "coat bed" during Kathy and Tiffany's infamous screwdriver party.

4. What's the worst thing you've ever done to another person?
The only thing that even comes to mind is a time in fifth grade when we were horsing around in PE, whispering something down a line of girls, saying "pass it on," and the girl next to me wouldn't do it. I complained to the girl on the other side that she had ruined the game because she wasn't playing. I said "she's always like that." It really hurt her feelings. She was just really shy, I think. I remember it well to this day, because I felt so awful about upsetting her.

5. Who do you think started the concept of memes?
Tom on Myspace

6. Give a song title or line that describes how you are feeling right now.
Bootylicious

7. What's your favorite search engine? Yahoo!, Google, Ask, Bing? or something else?
Google

8. If Paul is the Cute One and John is the Smart One and George is the Quiet One and Ringo is the Funny One, which Beatle are you?
John

9. The democratic government decides that, not only do we have to share our money with people who choose not to work, we also have to share our children with those who do not want to ruin their bodies with being pregnant. Which child do you give up?
Ahahahaaa. I have one, so I don't have to share.

10. When should you procrastinate - now or later?
Definitely now.

11. What is your favorite fast food?
Chik-Fil-A

12. What was your favourite game as a child?
Scrabble

13. Why do the terrible twos have to be terrible?
Aww, they don't. Sometimes you just have to take a second to step back and appreciate that year for what it is. Your child's growth, independence... and a big, fat, cosmic test of your patience.

14. Describe your favorite family member.
My grandpa. He's 90. When he was raising his five kids, he was a very strict disciplinarian and a colonel in the army. He's a bit softer now. He still has a quick wit, and I love his insightful commentary on current events.

15. What does your favorite breakfast consist of?
Soft-boiled eggs on buttered toast. Strawberries on the side.

16. What food is better the day after it was made?
fruit salad

17. What was your last big purchase?
Washer and dryer

18. When was the last time you kissed someone and really enjoyed it?
Friday. LOL. Yeah, yesterday's kisses didn't rock my socks as much. ;)

19. Why are there memes?
They are filler for days when bloggers can't think of a darn thing to say.

20. Describe yourself using two words that rhyme. (i.e. fuddy-duddy)
Bavarian librarian-- okay technically no on both counts, but very close.

21. If you were given the option of a "do-over" in life .. would you take it?
Yes. If I knew the same people would be in my life when it was all said and done, there are a few things I would like to do differently.

22. What movie makes (or has made) you cry? What touched you about it?
Many, many movies have made me cry. In Moulin Rouge, I cried because the love story really touched me. Christian is this deep-thinking writer (and a surprisingly fabulous singer) and he's hopelessly and completely in love with Satine. She is the center of his universe. I just love seeing him swept up in happiness, eyes lit up, smiling, when she walks into the room. Also, she is about to croak over from some dreadful lung ailment, which kicks the kleenex count up a notch.

23. What is one big mistake that you did in your life? And what did you do to make it right?
Saw The American. Sadly, there's nothing I can do at this point. Maybe watch Ocean's 12 on DVD.

24. When Life Gives You Lemons, What Do You Do With Them?
Make limoncello.

25. How different are you in real life as compared to the online identity you have created for yourself?
I'm myself online, so my real life is pretty much identical to my online identity. Even my "anonymous" Twitter account is an accurate reflection of me. I'm a little less PG-13 in real life than I have to be online, but that's it.

26. Do you know what your parents would have named you if you had been born the opposite sex?
Why, yes I do! Alexander. (This is my question. *bows* Yeah, anyone who submitted a question had their question asked. Still.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP