The "Y" in Oak Hill and Other Randomness

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I said something about Hwy 71 and Hwy 290 splitting in Oak Hill. My daughter said, "OH! The road is a Y! I've always thought they called it 'the Y in Oak Hill' because there's a YMCA there!" Ahahahaaaaaa!

Some Mafia Wars players have their screen names in special characters. It looks sort of cool, but it seems like the sort of thing that is done by people over the age of 25 who type u instead of you, so I avoid it like the plague. But just once, I'm going to write my real name like that, just to see...

KΔ┼Ħϒ ☻

My favorite part is my smiley. Cute, ain't it?

Adrian Grenier has made a documentary about the teenager paparazzo. All I kept thinking while Adrian was talking in the ABC interview was, "He was so much hotter with longer hair." Yeesh. I was like a guy watching Angelina Jolie. I couldn't take my eyes off him long enough to listen to what he had to say, for goodness' sake. EYES UP HERE. THANKS. Only for me, that's where the distraction is. Regardless of the sad loss of the curls, he has beautiful eyes, doesn't he?

We're having a scheduled lockdown drill this week at work, especially important after what happened yesterday at UT. So relieved this guy didn't take out anyone with him. It seems that he had intended to, but maybe changed his mind in the process, because, one doesn't kill one's self with an AK47. Police reports say he had plenty of opportunities to shoot people, but did not. Thank God for small miracles.

As promised:

Pizza Burgers
(makes 24)

8 oz sliced hard salami, cut into very small pieces
11 oz Velveeta, cut into small chunks
2 lb ground beef
8 oz. tomato sauce
1 1/2 tsp sage
1 1/2 Tbl oregano
2 Tbl dry parsley
1 tsp salt
12 hamburger buns

Preheat oven to 400F. Brown ground beef and drain fat. Add Velveeta and salami to the hamburger in the pan. Warm through until Velveeta is melted. Add remaining ingredients.

Place mixture on 24 hamburger bun halves on sheet pans. Bake for 9 minutes until browned.

You can also freeze half of the meat and cut the buns down to 12 halves. The original recipe calls for 1 lb. of luncheon meat, ground or cut into small pieces, instead of the salami, which I eventually substituted because luncheon meat can be difficult to find. It is delicious with either!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP