September 11

Saturday, September 11, 2010

It's interesting that people feel the need to apologize when having events or any sort of fun on September 11. There are a few things going on today around here, and every one has said something like "this is the only day we could have this event." Mention the significance of the day during your event, and then kick up your heels and enjoy it! We are remembering a horrific day in our history and many people who lost their lives, but also we are celebrating freedom and showing radicals who carry out these acts that we will carry on with life as usual.

In that vein... Gig Em Ags! Beat Lousiana Tech!

Suddenly Firefox does not play nicely with Blogger. It's not allowing any sort of posting. So here I am in Internet Explorer, against my will... and all my convictions and principles. I've been on here for 1.37 minutes and I hate it already.

Brunch with Kimberly and Bas (and spouses) this morning! Whee! I had no idea t.u. was playing Wyoming. So that is why Kimberly and family are coming for the game! (Hubby Gib got his bachelor's degree at Wyoming and PhD at t.u. Kimberly graduated from t.u. Now they live in Wyoming.)

Saturday Six

1. What is the newest thing in your living room?
A six-cube storage credenza for all Lauren's "stuff" that would normally go in the mud room we don't have. (Kiptyn is actually newer than that!)


2. What’s the oldest thing in your living room?
The stereo. 


3. Which painting or portrait means the most to you and why?
The print on the wall behind the sofa. It's a contemporary take on a village by the beach. I love the scene and the colors, and it matches the room beautifully. It took forever for me to find.


4. Which item given to you by someone else means the most to you and why?
The digital photo frame Jeff gave me, because it constantly displays photos of our friends and family. Well, except now, when I'm wanting to take a photo of it. It's on a timer and it's evidently earlier than I thought anyone would be up in the morning.
5. Which item that you bought is the item you regret buying the most?
I love the sectional we bought, but I hate the fabric. It's upgraded fabric of a fabulous color, but it has unexpectedly worn much faster than it should have.

Yes, I did have to straighten the pillows. :p

6. Which item is in the most need of replacement?
The sectional.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP