Friiiidaaaay!

Friday, April 30, 2010

Things I learned/remembered from having to dig out my A&M transcript:

1) I tested out of freshman English and Math. I don't recall taking the exams.

2) I took 18 hours at San Jacinto College over two summers at home. How did I ever squeeze in all that beach time?!

3) In Physics 208, I got the first C of my entire life. "Electricity and Optics." Just a taste of the epic fail I would experience in Electrical Engineering 214 (Circuit Theory) the following semester. I did, however, manage a B in EE-331 (Theory and Application of Electronic Devices) my junior year. *shakes fist at electricity*

4) That summer '88 class where the prof assigned us to go to the Chicken and get margaritas and observe the condensation as a lesson relevant to the chapter we were studying was "Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer," NOT Thermodynamics, which I had taken in spring. I've been telling that story incorrectly for 20 years.

5) I have 28 hours credit and 6 incomplete research hours towards my master's degree. I know, you're thinking, "Why didn't you just do it?" It sounds like a little thing, but those 6 hours do not include hundreds of hours of thesis writing. I know. You and I are both still thinking it. :)

I had a total gigglefit yesterday on LinkedIn, when I searched for "Make-A-Wish" and it came up with "Make-A-Sockmonkey." I'm giggling all over again just typing it! Make. A. SOCKMONKEY. *wipes tear*


Song Lyrics du Jour (Actually this entire song is a stream of brilliant visuals, and even better now, than when I thought he was saying "...snow in our pants...")

When the streetlights come on and the fireflies flicker
I am walking her home, making plans
With her shoes in her hands, I am watching her dance
As the hem of her dress gently kisses the grass
It suddenly rains on us
She is laughing and turns up her hands

Like autumn turns leaves, winter will breathe cold on our necks, snow in our paths
Wherever she goes, all that I know about us is that beautiful things never last
That's why fireflies flash...

Ron Pope "Fireflies"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP