Inquiring Minds...

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Wearing a medical bracelet seems to be an invitation for random people to touch you, much like being pregnant. I wear (what I thought was a pretty inconspicuous) one because I have a deadly allergy to the contrast dyes they use for CT and MRI scans. If I'm in a car accident or otherwise unconscious, I don't want the docs to kill me in the process of doing some precautionary test.

I cannot tell you how many people have reached over and grabbed my wrist to read the back of that bracelet. They're not typically total strangers, but rather people I've just met in a social setting. Maybe it's some sort of odd ice-breaker. Maybe they're thinking they need to be informed in case something happens to me while I am in their presence. Frankly, it's just weird.

The last person who did it happened to have the same severe allergy. LOL. She was a little freaked out. I'm guessing she ordered a bracelet for herself that day, and people are now grabbing her as well.

The first of the bathroom materials has been installed. It's the floor tile, and IT... LOOKS.... MARVELOUS!! What a relief.

Monday is shower tile and cabinets. I have to select paint color this week. The final choice. Luckily it's "just paint" so it's not as much pressure as tile and fixtures. Very changeable should there be a paint color disaster.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP