Reconnecting

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Have reconnected with a few more of the fansite girls. Last time we hung out was 2003. Fun times!

Also reconnected with Jeff C. Shock of all shocks. Some of you are thinking he skipped town. But no! He and Jeff hung out on Sunday and then we all met for dinner. Just like the old days. Fun!

Sunday Stealing (on Tuesday)

Then: August 1989

1. Age: 22

2. Romantic Status: engaged

3. Occupation: student

4. Fun night out: dancing and lots of Shiner

5. My BFFs: Cathy J, Kimberly, Kathy L, Judy, Bob

6. I spent way too much time: reading bridal magazines

7. I spent not enough time: pushing my thesis advisor to get my project set up

8. I wanted to be when I grew up: a radiation safety engineer

9. Biggest concern: selecting a church for my wedding

10. What my biggest concern should have been: working on my thesis

11. Where did I live: College Station

12. Dumbest thing I did that year: tell one of the Deans that I was scrimping and saving my engineering fellowship money to pay for things like wedding flowers. They promptly decided to reduce that fellowship for the following year's applicants because it must have been "too much money." I was really being frugal, y'all. I challenge any student to be as cheap as I was that year.

13. If I could go back now and talk to myself I would say: leave the wedding plans for 1990. It will be plenty of time for most of that stuff you are obsessing over. Finish your thesis before you leave campus.

Now: August 2009

1. Age: 42

2. Romantic Status: married

3. Occupation: stay-at-home mom

4. Fun night out: Pete's dueling piano bar or a concert

5. My BFFs: Cathy J, Laura and Kathy L

6. I spend way too much time: on Facebook

7. I spend not enough time: dancing and drinking Shiner

8. I want to be when I grow up: not sure, but first and foremost I want to be happy about doing it

9. Biggest concern: finding mosaic tile with glass or satin nickel accents- ACK

10. What my biggest concern should be: that should be my biggest concern. lol

11. Where do I live: the ATX, baby!

12. Dumbest thing I have done this year: said yes to a contract project I should have simply said no to in the first place

13. What I think I would say to myself in 20 years: I will remind myself that it was good to appreciate the last few years I had with Lauren living at home. Then hopefully she'll live nearby and I can have lunch with her and tell her in person. :)

Summary:

1. What do I miss most from 1989: having my own office downstairs in Zach, all of us playing hearts on our Macs down there while chatting about everything under the sun

2. What do I miss least from 1989: Spring chemo treatments in Houston. That just sucked out loud.

3. What have I accomplished in 20 years that I am most proud of: being a mom

4. What have I NOT accomplished in 20 years that I wish I had: being a radiation safety engineer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP