Wicked

Monday, August 17, 2009

It was so good! The touring company plays in Austin through August 30. The only thing I didn't like about the musical is that the songs aren't memorable. You don't come out of there remembering and singing a few of them. Like... I dunno... West Side Story. RENT. Most musicals. The Wicked songs are lovely to listen to, but they don't have many memorable lyrics or melodies. The girl who played Elphaba was in the New York production, and has some serious pipes. Holy cow.

I soooo wish I could have seen Kristin Chenoweth's Tony-award-winning performance in the Broadway show. I saw her sing "Popular" once on TV. Hilarious. She is such a perfect Glinda!

The story is interesting and funny, and very sad in a few parts. Fantastic costumes!

Funny funny quotes:
"I happen to be genuinely self-absorbed and deeply shallow."
"We can't all come and go by bubble."
"There's a goat on the lam."
"I can't harbor a fugitive! I'm an unelected official!"
"Lemons and melons and pears." ... "Oh my!"
"Dearest Momsie and Popsicle..."
"They're just SHOES. Let it go."

Really good. Just don't anticipate wanting the CD afterwards. Maybe just download "Popular," and only because it's funny. lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is a personal blog with no particular niche, or really any purpose whatsoever. Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom! Stalker...

;)

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP